Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATH First Round Match #2 Kankan14 vs WinnieThePoo

• 06-07-2016 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭

The second match is here and its WinnieThePoo, looking to get past the first round, but he is up against KanKan14 in this match up

The rules:
    I will post a topic and you have to post your response including why you made that choice within a given time limit (before the next match is scheduled to begin), take care while making your responses however as the other contestant can counter your arguement i.e pointing out possible flaws in what youve said.

*you can only counter an arguement two times so make sure your point is worth making. If someone's defense of their arguement isnt good it will count against them.

*You can use the same answer as your opponent if you wish i.e you agree with their choice however its hard to win a debate when your making the same points someone has already made

see the OP of the main thread for further details or if any examples are needed check out previous years competitions.

Q2: Question two features Brock Lesnar!

1257909_o.gif

Brock Lesnar is back in WWE at Summerslam with an opponent to be confirmed this Thursday. Vince hasn't picked anyone yet and wants him to go up against a fresh opponent who he never faced before since his return in 2012. Its up to you to pick the opponent and book the feud.

The opponent has to be on the roster currently and has never faced Lesnar on a PPV since 2012, who do you pick? How do you book the feud and why?!

After your first post, why would your choice be better than your opponents?

GOOD LUCK LADS

Who should win this match up? (Who would you book to face Brock at Summerlam ?) 10 votes

KanKan14 - Cesaro
    0% 0 votes
    WinnieThePoo - Kevin Owens
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Wow. Nice question.

My pick: Cesaro.

I could see these two have a real ding dong slobber knocker at summerslam as the culmination of a feud which see's them go back and forth over previous weeks without getting face to face. This keeps the ppv match looking so special.

You have Paul Heyman bring about the feud simply by brushing off Cesaro back stage. Cesaro wants an apology but Heyman tells him to beat it. Telling Cesaro he was the ultimate let down as a Paul Heyman guy and he will never have what it takes to be an A+ player like Brock "conquerer of the streak".
    Cesaro responds by putting Heyman on his back all set up for the Cesaro swing as he does Brock appears for the beat down and thus the feud is born.

Over the next few weeks we see Heyman cut promos (gold as always) saying his client doesn't need to fight a non entity like Cesaro.
    Two weeks out from summerslam Cesaro finally catches Heyman and swings him from here to kingdom come. Brock then appears on the go home show (Heyman in tow in a neckbrace) looking proper menacing. Heyman says he client accepts and Cesaro " the king of swing" will be leaving summerslam in a sling.

The match itself will be a big old fashioned barn stormer. With 16 suplexes 4 F5's 19 uppercuts and a swing. Heyman will try to distract the referee but no screwy finish here. Cesaro hits the neutraliser after an excellent match Brock kicks out but he can't a second time and Cesaro wins 1,2,3 clean in the middle.

Cesaro looks like gold and Brock gets in enough offense to keep him strong.

The end result is an unbelievable match and Vince has himself a new main event player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Firstly great choice Kankan!

My choice would be similar. I'm going for Kevin Owens. Owens along with Cesaro they are Kinda stuck in the Midcard. Fighting for the odd US and I.C titles. Though both haven't reached the holy grail. Being a WWE champion and headlining Paperviews.

Kevin Owens stormed onto Raw calling himself a prize fighter. Beating Cena on his first official match. He came onto the main roster with a bang. A abrasive bully , full of confidence and had the ability to back it up in the ring against Mr WWE . John Cena.

He certainly has the ability to be a top heel with excellent in ring skills and a natural delivery on the mic.

So I start off with Battleground. First match on the card is Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn. After a back to back match Owens eventually wins and stands over Zayn.
    Later on at the PPV Paul Heyman comes out and praising Lesnar and his UFC win over Mark Hunt. Saying No one can stop the beast incarnate. Lesnar has his eyes on the WWE championship and No one can stop him. Owens music hits. Still wrecked after his match earlier night, mic in hand. Owens calls on Lesnar to fight him. A true prize fighter. Heyman laughs off owens. Owens intimidates Heyman. Heyman accepts the match.

As the raw's and smackdown's go by Owens wins a number of squash matches and continues to mock Lesnar.

As we get to the Raw go home show Heyman comes out with Lesnar and cuts a promo on Owens and the rest of the roster. Lesnar is going to slaughter Owens. Owens sneakily comes from behind the ring through the crowd and attacks Lesnar with a chair. He hits Lesnar three or four times with the chair. Lesnar recovers but Owens escapes from the ring. Stare down.

Over the next couple of days on twitter Heyman and Owens exchange insults until Heyman goads Owens into anywhere falls match.

We get to Summerslam Lesnar versus Owens in an anywhere falls match
    Owens uses any sort of weapon to try and keep Lesnar down and at times looks as if he may win. The match ends with Owens being F5 onto the Spanish announce table. Lesnar wins.

Reasons I went for this outcome?. I still believe Lesnar is top dog. Owens does not need to win this bout , just look good. After this match Owens can say to anybody he went toe to toe with Lesnar. Owens can be catapulted alongside Rollins as a legitimate heel contender for the WWE championship.

Very nice choice Winnie.

KO definitely deserves a push however I wouldn't pair him with Brock. The reason I think Cesaro is a better pick for a feud with lesnar is because he (to me anyway) can play the role of face better. KO would be wastd as a face works far better as a heel and this feud needs a face/heel dynamic. Lesnar for me has to be the heel as he does his best work as the heel destroyer figure.

Even cesaro's moveset engages the crowd and really involves them(see the pop for swing and springboard uppercut as proof). This would suit perfect for me as a face who can get the crowd behind them v lesnar who is obv extremely popular.
    That's not to say KO isn't capable of being face or he isn't able to engage the crowd. But he works far better as a heel and I hate(more importantly I don't think Vince wants) heel v heel.

I certainly can't your point about having a Face vs. Heel match. Cesaro certainly can be that face and has the proper moveset for it.

Though when I look at Lesnar I don't see a heel or a face. I see a Star(cheezy I know). Lesnar excites fans. Owens in my feud is certainly a heel. A heel looking for recognition and looking to move up to the top of WWE. A guy who wants to beat the best to become the best.

I see my Owens as a guy wanting to be the man and it doesn't matter whether he is liked or not.

I'm not a bad guy
    I'm not a good guy
    I'm the guy.

That's Kevin Owens. He's a prizefighter. He has a wicked tongue. Just alone a couple of promo's between Heyman and Owens would have the potential to be golden. That's where I think Cesaro will struggle. Him going up against Heyman on a mic along would scare me.

I see what you are saying but in order for KO to be the definitive heel you would need lesnar to be that babyface so Owens can do his proper work as a heel. For me Brock is at his best when destroying everyone and everything. He is a better heel type figure to me than KO (not saying Owens isn't a good heel). Therefore you need a face to make the fued work, enter Cesaro!

That's how I see it anyway.

Either way nice pick and good luck.

• Advertisement

I suppose another thing to take into account is what happen's to Cesaro after he pins Lesnar. Lesnar goes on hiatus and comes back for Survivor series, does he just forget about Cesaro or does he crush him. To me Lesnar needs to be protected to a certain to degree and if you are going to have him lose to somebody and in a 1 on 1 feud I believe it should be built up and happen at Wrestlemania.

Owens losing still keeps him on a up hill trajectory. I think anyone who faces Lesnar and it isn't a squash match benefits alone from being able to go about the ring with the best incarnate.

Coupled with some promo's against Heyman. This short feud could be gold. Lets forget about Heel v Face. Lets think Prizefighter vs. Prizefighter.

Kevin Owens is a prizefighter.

It was a pleasure squaring off with you Kankan. Great choice and may the best man win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Poll is now up

Advertisement