Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-FIBER roolout promise date far from kept

Options
  • 06-07-2016 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Ballinhassig exchange county Cork.
    Greetings reps. im doing well here tonight for a change, 1.7mbps on a 6-7mb line, more often its around 0.2-0.3mbps at this hour of the night, my query is in regards to E-Fiber.
    We were told that our exchange would be upgraded to fiber status in the first quarter of 2016, we are now in the third quarter, I am very disappointed but not in the least surprised.
    Can you give me an accurate indication as to when our exchange will be upgraded please.
    Thanks.....Charles

(posted this last week but got no reply)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KenjiOdo

We've been told the same story for the last 5-6 years (within 6mths) although now they say 18 months using the online line checker.. With the way they've handled it I think I'll just wait for SIRO regardless, as a point of principle before tying into another eir contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

bogman wrote: »
    Ballinhassig exchange county Cork.
    Greetings reps. im doing well here tonight for a change, 1.7mbps on a 6-7mb line, more often its around 0.2-0.3mbps at this hour of the night, my query is in regards to E-Fiber.
    We were told that our exchange would be upgraded to fiber status in the first quarter of 2016, we are now in the third quarter, I am very disappointed but not in the least surprised.
    Can you give me an accurate indication as to when our exchange will be upgraded please.
    Thanks.....Charles

(posted this last week but got no reply)
    Hi Bogman,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately the dates we provide online are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to Eir Fibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and weather consents from road and planning authorities and landowners are necessary. 

I apologise I cannot offer you some better news today.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Advertisement