Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Postage Delays

Options
  • 06-07-2016 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Ordered 2 items off ebay recently and they still have not arrived.

First on from UK is a week over due and the second from Germany nearly two weeks over due the sellers estimated postage.

Anyone else notice a delay in post and packages from abroad?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This time of year is always bad over in the UK as they do be on strike alot. Check each website and see if strikes or anything else is the cause of delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Nothing to indicate recent delays anywhere :/

Hardly have 2 packages lost and ive never lost a package on ebay with over 100 purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

1shot16 wrote: »
    Nothing to indicate recent delays anywhere :/

Hardly have 2 packages lost and ive never lost a package on ebay with over 100 purchases

Specially for the UK items, could it be that item is not coming from UK, I purchased something from a seller, item was listed as UK but got shipped from Netherlands, even that seller confirmed that would come from UK before I purchased it.

nava wrote: »
    Specially for the UK items, could it be that item is not coming from UK, I purchased something from a seller, item was listed as UK but got shipped from Netherlands, even that seller confirmed that would come from UK before I purchased it.

Contacted seller in UK last friday he said there could be a delay.

The package from germany is actually coming from netherlands buts its priority and its already been 3 weeks :/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Contacted seller in UK last friday he said there could be a delay.

The package from germany is actually coming from netherlands buts its priority and its already been 3 weeks :/

is the package from the netherlands actually coming from the netherlands or is it actually coming from china?

• Advertisement

Its actually coming from the netherlands!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Its actually coming from the netherlands!

what a lot of chinese ebay sellers do is say they are shipping from the netherlands. what actually happens is that the package is first shipped from china to the netherlands and then reshipped to the destination. It looks to the buyer like it is being shipped from the netherlands except it takes a lot longer than they expect. If you are sure that this is not happening in your case then thats fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I ordered an item from Amazon, was meant to be here on the 5th. Still not arrived.

5th of June!?

What country is this coming from do you mind me asking!?

Advertisement