Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone help

• 06-07-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I got a new iPhone and want to give my old one to my sister. She has never had an iPhone so will need a new Apple ID etc.

However, I want to keep my iCloud and ID etc on my new phone.

If she resets my old iPhone, will I lose all my stuff on my new phone?

Any advice on how to do this would be great.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No the data/settings on your new phone won't be affected.

On the old phone just erase all content and settings via Settings > General > Reset and choose to set up as new phone and follow the instructions to set up a new Apple ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 frain

No the data/settings on your new phone won't be affected.

On the old phone just erase all content and settings via Settings > General > Reset and choose to set up as new phone and follow the instructions to set up a new Apple ID.

That's great! Thank you 🙂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just make sure you got all your music etc off the old iPhone. That isn't backed up to iCloud and wouldn't have been part of the restore onto the new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 frain

Okay. Thanks Sad Prof!

• Advertisement
Advertisement