Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawdowns & switching Jobs

Options
  • 06-07-2016 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Not sure which thread to post this under, my husband and i had a lot of difficulty getting a mortgage and when we eventually did, it took us 6 weeks to get the first drawdown, there was a lot of back and forth wit the bank. Anyway the short story is, we have had one draw down to date and not i am in a position where i have been offered another job. Its a civil servants job and the money is slightly less than i am on right now( obviously the benefits are far greater) but the other downside it, it would be a commute, and with commuting costs of approx 3k per year.
    anyways my question is this, if i take the job and should the bank look for payslips and bank statements again, could i be in trouble? i.e, could they refuse to give out the remaining draw-downs? Has this ever happened? R does anyone have experience of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I'm a bit confused by this. Is this a renovation mortgage or something? Why wasn't all the money drawn down straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Annie_con

Its a self build!?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

My concern is that your mortgage amount is given to you based on your salary at the time, so if you're on less, they can give you less, correct?

Now, my confusion is in the fact that you're doing a self build, and therefore drawing down at different times.

Each time you need to draw down, do you have to supply updated payslips and bank statements? If so, then I would imagine bank would question it.

Particularly because you are supposed to be in permanent employment at the time of getting a mortgage, and not on probation.

I don't know for sure, I'm kinda guessing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Smiley012 wrote: »

Now, my confusion is in the fact that you're doing a self build, and therefore drawing down at different times.

Each time you need to draw down, do you have to supply updated payslips and bank statements? If so, then I would imagine bank would question it.

Yeh. This.

If you need to provide payslips they'll know something is up. You probably should speak to them before accepting the job offer to get this clarified.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

You don't need to provide payslips for each draw down. Both myself and my husband changed jobs while we were building our house and it had no impact on the mortgage draw downs. Bank didn't even know. We are with AIB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

bee06 wrote: »
    You don't need to provide payslips for each draw down. Both myself and my husband changed jobs while we were building our house and it had no impact on the mortgage draw downs. Bank didn't even know. We are with AIB.
    Was that recent enough? Within the last year or so? I only ask because I know things have become a lot stricter.

If recent - then OP should be grand to get a new job!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Annie_con

Thanks for your replies, I am interested to know if this was recent, bee06? I know they are unlikely to ask for payslips again I just don't want to mess anything up! R delay the process any further. We are already 4 months behind where we thought we would be because of how fussey and strict they were at the first drawdown and signing the original loan offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Annie_con wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies, I am interested to know if this was recent, bee06? I know they are unlikely to ask for payslips again I just don't want to mess anything up! R delay the process any further. We are already 4 months behind where we thought we would be because of how fussey and strict they were at the first drawdown and signing the original loan offer!

This was 2014. They didn't even verify our employment status. We could have been unemployed for all they knew.

Advertisement