Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landords - What is the most important question you can ask a potential tenant?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

TheDoc wrote: »
    i'd imagine a landlord asking for a PPSN in advance, probably knows someone in the Social Welfare department or the Guards and gets a check done on the sly or something. No other real reason I can think off.

You'd have to be a fairly dumb Garda or civil servant to consider doing that. It's far too easy to trace who has been accessing data on the sly these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

PPSN is asked for wrt to tenant on RTB registration. But there is a facility to state that you asked and couldn't get one, or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

Once again, please stay on topic. The OP asked a specific question. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Do you have a boards.ie account? I think I'm adding that to my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

PPSN is asked for wrt to tenant on RTB registration. But there is a facility to state that you asked and couldn't get one, or similar.

Every single apartment I've viewed in the last few years has requested PPSN and statements/payslips.

One question I was asked this time around which was a new one was what use I would put the spare room to. We're a couple so I suppose they were making sure we weren't going to sublet or use it for AirBNB or something, but I was tempted to tell her that we would be installing a sex swing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Every single apartment I've viewed in the last few years has requested PPSN and statements/payslips.

One question I was asked this time around which was a new one was what use I would put the spare room to. We're a couple so I suppose they were making sure we weren't going to sublet or use it for AirBNB or something, but I was tempted to tell her that we would be installing a sex swing.

I'd say a lot of people are subletting alright. In my area houses go up for rent. Then a couple of weeks after they've gone you see a room being advertised in what looks like the same house. The last one said "pets welcome", which I strongly suspect wasn't in the original ad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement