Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband/TV in Brooklawns?

Options
  • 06-07-2016 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Recently moved into Brooklawns and its time to get TV & broadband. Can anyone tell me what companies are supplying to the estate? I was with UPC in my last place and they have told me that it is not available in Brooklawns.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭scarlet43

Hi - I'm in Brooklawns too - I use Sky for TV and Eir for broadband - no problems at all with connectivity. are you in apartment or house ? Officially you're not supposed to put up satellite dish in Brooklawns, but if it's a house, then nothing will happen, but if it's an apartment, chances are you could be made remove a dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

scarlet43 wrote: »
    Hi - I'm in Brooklawns too - I use Sky for TV and Eir for broadband - no problems at all with connectivity. are you in apartment or house ? Officially you're not supposed to put up satellite dish in Brooklawns, but if it's a house, then nothing will happen, but if it's an apartment, chances are you could be made remove a dish.

Thanks. We are in an apartment. Right now I am looking at eir for both tv & broadband. I don't think they require a dish. If there were aerials I would be happy with freeview. On a related matter, what are best/worst companies providing mobile phone coverage in the area? Is eir mobile any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Fastcom are a local internet provider. They put a small 30cm (12in) dish on the chimney or wall. It relies on line of sight so it depends on your location.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Fastcom are a local internet provider. They put a small 30cm (12in) dish on the chimney or wall. It relies on line of sight so it depends on your location.

Would prefer broadband and tv package

I use Eirmobile in the area - never any problem with coverage - mostly get 4g around the area of brooklawns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Emm511

Hi

I just moved out of Brooklawns we had TV and Broadband with Eir. €60pm. UPC wouldn’t come out. Had Eir mobile as well no issues

I use Eirmobile in the area - never any problem with coverage - mostly get 4g around the area of brooklawns.

What is Eir Mobile like outside the town? Is it good in all parts of the town? Need to change, Vodafone is terrible in Brooklawns.

Emm511 wrote: »
    Hi

I just moved out of Brooklawns we had TV and Broadband with Eir. €60pm. UPC wouldn’t come out. Had Eir mobile as well no issues

Eir is what I am looking into, cheers

Is Eir Mobile working off the Meteor network?

Is Eir Mobile working off the Meteor network?

I think so, yes

• Advertisement

I think so, yes

What is it like around the rest of the town?

Advertisement