Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Itunes issue with iphone 6s

Options
  • 06-07-2016 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I am using old IMac 5,1 which is still working perfectly. I recently purchased new iphone 6s and cannot restore it from itunes due to following 'This iPhone cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes'.

I have downloaded Itunes 11.4 but still getting same error.

This seemed to be popular error when phone was released last year and some people were able to download Yosemite to fix problem. Unfortunately, due to the age of my Mac I cannot update software (currently running snow leopard I think) to El Capitan and Yosemite is no longer available.

My old phone was backed up to ICloud so I have been able to restore this from there but my music is stored in my itunes and I also used itunes to load programmes to VLC.

Apart from buying new computer does anyone have any solutions?!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Your Mac is obsolete unfortunately. While it should be able to run Lion (10.7), I think you need at least 10.8 for iTunes syncing.

You could subscribe to iTunes Match (for 25 euro a year) and get your music onto your phone that way. That's assuming Match still works with your version of iTunes.

Advertisement