Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2016, July 7 Stage 6 Arpajon-sur-Cère Montauban 190.5km *Spoliers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭isitraining

neris wrote: »
    Cav kittel mcclay

What a tour for McClay! (And and Cav obviously! Second overall in TDF stages now.)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Kittel went too soon. He had to accelerate again with 50m to go but Cav had it timed perfectly. Very impressive from Cavendish. I had him written off for this Tour but you have to admire his "bounce-back-ability". I am growing to like him!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

thought kittel was going to get back over cav there but they got to the line just in time for cav. he seems really chilled out this tour and relaxed in the interviews, maybe he,s finally enjoying riding his bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭Thud

Col D'Aspin climb near finish tomorrow will sort things out a bit in the GC

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭isitraining

neris wrote: »
    thought kittel was going to get back over cav there but they got to the line just in time for cav. he seems really chilled out this tour and relaxed in the interviews, maybe he,s finally enjoying riding his bike

You're spot on. I wonder with his focus this year being on the Olympics if that has removed some of the pressure in the Tour. Also, maybe winning that first stage and finally getting the yellow got another monkey off his back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

How many places are the e/w bets paying. Had nearly bet on McClay e/w at 66-1 but backed off due to me knowing little

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

You're spot on. I wonder with his focus this year being on the Olympics if that has removed some of the pressure in the Tour. Also, maybe winning that first stage and finally getting the yellow got another monkey off his back.

The setup and atmosphere in the team is also much more relaxed than in his previous teams, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    The setup and atmosphere in the team is also much more relaxed than in his previous team, I'd say.

That wouldn't be difficult - ask Dan Martins ears!
    http://cyclingtips.com/2016/07/holm-if-dan-martin-doesnt-finish-top-ten-ill-cut-off-his-ears/

Advertisement