Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metropolis Festival 2016

Options
  • 06-07-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

No official announcement yet. Crystal Castles have self confirmed for November 5th so looks like it is definitely happening.

Any rumours or guesses on who will be on the line-up?

My guess is M83 could be on one of the sub/headliners as they've been surprisingly missing from all the summer festivals here. Moderat are playing Pitchfork festival in Paris the weekend before so could possible see them pay Metropolis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

They updated their Facebook page with a status a couple of weeks ago which simply read:
    "Metropolis Festival 2016...."
    So yeah, gladly seems to be going ahead again.

Would expect the first announcement to be sometime around the end of July similar to last year.

I'll definitely go again. Lineup last year was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Todd Terje wrote: »
    Would expect the first announcement to be sometime around the end of July similar to last year.

I'll definitely go again. Lineup last year was excellent.

I really enjoyed it last year, there's a couple things that need to be improved but over all it was a nice setup.
    Line-up was impressive last year, it'll be interesting to see who they get this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Great shout with M83 and Moderat, they would both be strong contenders. Would love to see M83 announced for it, thought we would see them at EP or Longitude. Hard to know who else to expect, I remember thinking after last year it would be very hard for them to top this line up going forward so it will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeve, they set the bar high with their first edition. Hard to even think what acts will be touring come November, obviously there is a big focus on electronic music and DJing, I can see the likes of Bicep and Jackmaster being added, would love to see Fort Romeau who hasn't had any Irish festival dates so far this year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

What date is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

leakyboots wrote: »
    What date is this on?

It was a Saturday and Sunday event last year, so if it is a 2-day event again this year it most likely will be on November 5th & 6th (going by the self-announcement from Crystal Castles for Nov 5th).

No official announcement regarding dates yet though.

• Advertisement

Another guess from me - Christine And The Queens.

They put on a great show at Longitude yesterday. I looked up their tour and they play Manchester on the Friday and Glasgow on the Monday. Leaving 2 days free for a possible Metropolis appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Really hope Chance the Rapper and Christine and the Queens are announced. Christine being the absolute perfect act for this festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

If Crystal Castles are playing that pretty much means I'm definitely going to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

13709820_506508176214465_3348579747521157078_n.jpg?oh=2b15bc7a3a46a793926e526ac6de46c2&oe=57EE886C&__gda__=1479132983_d0fe4cc12680bc59e9e483172a4b19c1

Looks like Fatima Yamaha will also be playing Metropolis

OK my Chance prediction may be wrong. He's just announced a show at the Olympia for Nov 11th. Ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

What dates are we looking at?

BOHtox wrote: »
    What dates are we looking at?

5th and 6th of November probably

Metropolis have just created the event page on facebook. They say it is on the Friday and Saturday this year (4th & 5th), line up and details to be announced soon.

Metropolis have just created the event page on facebook. They say it is on the Friday and Saturday this year (4th & 5th), line up and details to be announced soon.

So it's on a Friday/Saturday this year. I prefered Saturday/Sunday but at least there will be a day for recovery before work I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is it def being announced today?

Is it def being announced today?

Looks like it. They took down the website and have started putting up 2016 content. No names yet

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any price on tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

3/4/5 November, so Thursday to Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

horrendous. will need a 180 to bring me back this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Said it was a two day festival earlier in the year and now it said it's a three day. Not sure if there was a change of mind or a mistake or what.

EDIT: Post was way too negative haha. Very good first announcement. A few acts I wanted to see for a while, a few I missed at previous festivals and a few I haven't heard of and can't wait to listen to. Hoping it's a two fay festival though because I had booked the friday and saturday and sunday off work and there's no way I can book the thursday:o

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Any price on tickets?

Here is pricing info from State website:

Early Bird Weekend tickets (Friday 4th & Saturday 5th) go on sale at 9:00am this Thursday 11th August at €129 inc. booking fee, through Ticketmaster and usual outlets.

DJ Shadow – Opening Party (Thursday 3rd) go on sale at at 9:00am this Thursday 11th August at €39.50 inc. booking fee, through Ticketmaster and usual outlets.

DJ Shadow – Opening Party + Weekend tickets (Thursday 3rd / Friday 4th / Saturday 5th) go on sale at at 9:00am this Thursday 11th August at €164.50 inc. booking fee, through Ticketmaster and usual outlets.

http://state.ie/news/first-acts-revealed-for-metropolis-2016?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+StateMagazineNews+%28State.ie+-+News%29

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So who do you think is going to be in the next EP announcement?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So who do you think is going to be in the next EP announcement?

Radiohead, obviously.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

gone up 30% at least so on the early bird tickets, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

Bodhrandude always lurking on the festival threads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

gone up 30% at least so on the early bird tickets, ffs

Day tickets to come in at about €79.50 I'd imagine.

Jaysus, very disappointing line up announcement from them. It's almost embarrassing compared to last years, not to mention that tickets have gone up by at least €30. Very underwhelmed but I'm sure they have lots more to come, they won't be seeing me come back unless they have something considerably better to announce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

So is DJ Shadow only on Thursday night as opening night special or will he play the main gig days too.
    Bit of a bummer if you need to buy the whole 3 day ticket if you want to see him.

Advertisement