Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metropolis Festival 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

Any good after parties going on for this? District8 or Wah Wah having nothing down on their Facebook schedules for that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Stage times are out, pretty disappointed that Grace Jones, Floating Points and Booka Shade all clash.
    You wouldn't mind if it was a jam packed bill with loads of stages. In fairness Floating points is a 3hr set, so there was always gonna be some clash there

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just dawned on me that the Gardai are scheduled to be on strike for the Friday of this. It'll be a zoo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Thursday & Friday after parties have been announced, Saturdays ones I presume will be announced today.

THURSDAY
    Button Factory with Kormac Live AV
    Free in with Metropolis Ticket!

FRIDAY
    Red Bull Music Academy at District 8 with
    MODESELEKTOR (OFFICIAL SITE) DJ Set
    Support to be announced
    Tickets 15e

Sense & Welcome at Button Factory with Mall Grab
    Support from Jack Thompson & Long Island Sound
    Tickets 5-10e

HomeBeat at The Sugar Club with
    Wolfgang Flür [formerly of Kraftwerk]
    Tickets 10e

Opium Rooms with Icarus & Special Guest
    Support from Mark Gill
    Garden with Hidden Flux
    Tickets 0-10e

Subject at Wah Wah Club with
    Marcellus Pittman Unirhythm
    Support to be announced
    Tickets 10e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone have a spreadsheet done up of the gigs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Oisin1001

Is DJ Shadow any good live? I'm a big fan of Endtroducing and I liked the latest album too, so I'm fairly tempted to go on the Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

some seriously discounted tickets on toutless at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

some seriously discounted tickets on toutless at the moment!

What kind of prices ?

What kind of prices ?

weekend tickets for 100. one person selling one for 90. pair of 3-day ones for 200.

weekend tickets for 100. one person selling one for 90.

**** that's cheap , loads on adverts and done deal too , they'd want to get their act together for next year or it might not be still here in 2 years time .

I've a fri/sat ticket , half thinking of just going Saturday now because I'm living 2 hours from Dublin , I'll see what humour I'm in tomorrow .

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm currently trying to offload a Friday&Saturday ticket. Having no luck

Fakear and crystal castles clashing , Lord :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yeah the organisers have shot themselves in the foot by the sounds of things. It's not like Electric Picnic where you're an established brand and will sell out regardless. People baulked at the ticket prices for this last year but they came up with a great line-up to eventually justify it. This year they've increased the prices and have a worse line-up (imo).

I sold my Friday ticket for €70 and I was happy to get that.

I don't want to throw out comments about greed because I don't know the ins and outs and they might have made a loss last year but it's not gone in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure folks will have a good time because it's a unique set up for a festival (Indoor, city centre & Winter) with some nifty aspects (Arcadia last year...large Glitter ball this year :confused:) but I'd say the organisers have lost a lot of goodwill for next year from those punters who are shifting their tickets for a significant loss. I certainly won't be picking up an early bird ticket next year.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Yeah the organisers have shot themselves in the foot by the sounds of things. It's not like Electric Picnic where you're an established brand and will sell out regardless. People baulked at the ticket prices for this last year but they came up with a great line-up to eventually justify it. This year they've increased the prices and have a worse line-up (imo).

I don't want to throw out comments about greed because I don't know the ins and outs and they might have made a loss last year but it's not gone in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure folks will have a good time because it's a unique set up for a festival (Indoor, city centre & Winter) with some nifty aspects (Arcadia last year...large Glitter ball this year :confused:) but I'd say the organisers have lost a lot of goodwill for next year from those punters who are shifting their tickets for a significant loss. I certainly won't be picking up an early bird ticket next year.

Agree with all of that , I definitely won't be buying any next year till full line up out and it would want to be very good . I had 4 fri/sat tickets (2 for me and 2 for my friends ) no one wanted to go so I sold 2 at a small loss and I've 2 left I can't get rid off , myself and the GF just going to go Saturday now even though we've Friday ticket too

ah I'll make the most of Saturday , hopefully get a few bangers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Agree with all of that , I definitely won't be buying any next year till full line up out and it would want to be very good . I had 4 fri/sat tickets (2 for me and 2 for my friends ) no one wanted to go so I sold 2 at a small loss and I've 2 left I can't get rid off , myself and the GF just going to go Saturday now even though we've Friday ticket too

ah I'll make the most of Saturday , hopefully get a few bangers

If you have Friday tix too I would suggest going to Solomun, Jack Garratt or Moderat. You have already paid so might as well

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

Can no longer go. Cant even sell my ticket on the cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

If you have Friday tix too I would suggest going to Solomun, Jack Garratt or Moderat. You have already paid so might as well

Agree with this. Moderat are brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yep, Friday is the better day for me Moderat and Jack Garratt wil lbe very good, would nearly go if I could get a ticket half price on the day

Yep, Friday is the better day for me Moderat and Jack Garratt wil lbe very good, would nearly go if I could get a ticket half price on the day

Same

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Loads of tickets being off loaded cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I cannot recommend Girl Band highly enough either. I was pretty much going just for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I cannot recommend Girl Band highly enough either. I was pretty much going just for them.

I'm the same but with BADBADNOTGOOD

Love Girl Band too, just wish they weren't on so early.

Going to check if there are cheap tickets available tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Wonder will many go to dj shadow tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Agree 100% with this. Last year it felt like there was a new major festival on the block, but this year the line up is considerably weaker and the tickets are incredibly expensive, it has certainly gone backwards. I'm going on the Saturday and I am still expecting to have a great time but I definitely won't be as quick to buy a ticket next year, the only real thing it had going for it this year was the timing, there are no other major events that would interest me around this time of year so paying €80 for a day ticket didn't feel so bad.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this but are the "worlds biggest disco ball", the RBMA conversations and some of the art projects they have going on not really appealing to anyone else? They feel like a gimmick almost. How many people are going to see these things I have mentioned? Maybe I'm just not an artsy person or maybe I'm not even what the festival is targeting, but at day festivals how much time do people really have to go and look at lectures, disco balls and other art installations.. At festivals such as EP & B&S I can definitely see the appeal as they add to the feeling of the festival when you are immersed in it for 3 days, but at a day festival when you might only be there for about 7 hours I for one would definitely rather that they invested the money into the music.

The international acts are of a lower standard, the Irish DJs are less, the after parties aren't as good and we are also missing Arcadia, which is essentially an entire stage less than what we had last year. Maybe this is all just down to personal taste but it certainly feels like less bang for your buck compared to last year.

They shouldn't have bothered with the opening party and incorporated DJ Shadow and Mount Kimbie into the 2 day lineup, IMO. Would have given the lineup more bulk and people might not have felt as ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

Any word on after parties for the Saturday and if it's possible get tickets for them without attending the festival itself?

bigmc23 wrote: »
    Any word on after parties for the Saturday and if it's possible get tickets for them without attending the festival itself?
    SATURDAY
    Red Bull Music Academy at District 8 with
    Floating Points & New Jackson (DJ Set)
    Tickets €15

Sense at Button Factory with DJ Deece (3hour set)
    Tickets €0 & €5

Bulmers Irish Cider Live at Opium Rooms with
    Klangkarussell
    Support tba
    Garden tba
    Tickets 0-10e

Hidden Agenda at Wah Wah Club with
    Crystal Castles DJ Set
    Lumo DJ's
    Tickets 10e

TICKETS

Tickets for after parties are only available at the festival exclusively for those attending the Metropolis Festival 2016.

Extremely limited tickets will be available on the door to the venue's but exclusively for those who attend the festival (Festival ticket or Wristband must be shown at the door to gain entry)

Doors for after party venues open at 11pm - late

having said that, you can buy tickets online for Floating Points/New Jackson:
    https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/rbma-floating-points-metropolis-by-night-district-8-tickets-29110155258

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Clampdown

Fakear and crystal castles clashing , Lord :(

I know, that sucks!! I youtubed the rest of the lineup besides CC and fakear were my favourite of the rest. Why would you clash those two acts, they have different vibes but if you're a fan of glitchy electronica you would likely want to see both those acts. I think I'll enjoy Shura as well though and I grabbed a Saturday ticket for 50 quid so I'm happy enough.

Would really like to go to the CC DJ set at the afterparty but staying with my friend in Tallaght so will have to leave early enough to get the Luas.

• Advertisement

To anyone going, enjoy!

Advertisement