Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty pleasures!

Options
  • 06-07-2016 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Ok just for some light banter... Since having kids I've started taking severe pleasure in eating the things I tell my kids not to (or maybe give them on the rare occasion).
    It's like my 'inner child' is thinking 'nananenana I gave you a small packet of crisps last month and now I'm going to eat ten in one sitting while you're asleep in bed... Why? Because I can..'

Anyone else 'broke bad' since having kids?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I love being the mother now. All the things I wasn't allowed binge on as a child are MINE!!!! And when my kids are the parents, they can do it too...

Until then...... MINE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

You people are evil!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I have to admit I've stolen junk food out of kids party bags when they get home.
    I'm doing it for them really!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Ah I love telling the little lies "no hunny this isn't ice cream its medicine "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

You know the Lindt lindor truffles? They are really cauliflower in disguise ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

No you wouldn't like that, it's very spicy lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

kitten_k wrote: »

It too burny.
    There is vinegar in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I tell myself that i am more concerned about their health than my own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I have to admit I've stolen junk food out of kids party bags when they get home.
    I'm doing it for them really!

I used to have to pay "tax" when I came in with treats or at Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I do the 'its spicy, you wont like it' but our 2yr old has turned it around on me and now when she doesnt fancy food she says 'no like thats, its spicy'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Licking the bowl - my oh's mother used to tell him there was worms in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

kitten_k wrote: »

Yep, we get very spicy Wispa bars here in Oz!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I am 8 months pregnant and I have a serious craving for coco pops!!! So every morning last week I was sitting at the kitchen table munching into a bowl of sugar while my three year old had his porridge. I told him they were broccoli pops and he believed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Doughnuts and then more doughnuts

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

"no darling, this chocolate/ dessert/ ice cream has alcohol in it"
    or
    "yes you can have some, but its very spicy"

He immediately loses interest. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

My toddler usually only wants fruit! :o I was in hospital for quite a while, and any time he'd come in to see me, the patients and nurses on my ward would be offering him all kinds of chocolate and other treats ... he'd refuse them all, and run straight for the fruitbowl instead! I've often eaten chocolate in front of him, and so long as he has berries or an apple or whatever he's happy.

When myself and my sister were small, my mum was extremely strict about what we ate. We saw a picture of a lollipop in a book, and decided that lollipops were the best things in the world and we had to have them. My mum started giving us raw broccoli as dessert/treats, telling us it was a lollipop. Apparently we'd be begging her for them!

Advertisement