Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whwn is an EIR Contract not a Contract?

Options
  • 06-07-2016 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

5 months in to EIR Contract and EIR have now sent letter indicating a Contract change. Is this legal? I signed up for a 12 month offer and this was at a fixed cost. Can EIR now come along and change at their discretion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Carrigross wrote: »
    5 months in to EIR Contract and EIR have now sent letter indicating a Contract change. Is this legal? I signed up for a 12 month offer and this was at a fixed cost. Can EIR now come along and change at their discretion?
    I would like an answer to this too please , I rang your customer service yesterday to find out only to be put through to three, yes THREE different operators, the last one had me on hold again then it rang and i got the dead phone tone so i had been hung up on 

is this what you call acceptable customer service 

And I don't want to pay the extra €8 a month I haven't agreed to it and i don't care less about the new "eirsport" package that you tried to hide it in 

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

If their is a contract change do you not then have the option to not accept and therefore cancel the contract without penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,576 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I got this "letter" yesterday and it doesn't mention any price increase and in fact states my plan price doesn't change until 2018. Can any reps confirm what's going on with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi all,

Thank you for getting in touch

I am very sorry to hear this has happened and I do apologise for the inconvenience. All customers who affected by this have 30 days to cancel there contract should they not wish to go ahead with this. I would recommend contacting our Eir customer care team on 1800-307-183 as this is a dedicated team to answer all your queries in relation to this.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am very sorry to hear this has happened and I do apologise for the inconvenience. All customers who affected by this have 30 days to cancel there contract should they not wish to go ahead with this. I would recommend contacting our Eir customer care team on 1800-307-183 as this is a dedicated team to answer all your queries in relation to this.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.
    well what if we want to continue our contract as it is.. as we signed up for ?? 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Hi all,

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.
    well what if we want to continue our contract as it is.. as we signed up for ?? 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are affected by the price increase this will be automatically applied to your bill going forward [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oranbhoy67 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]unfortunately it would not be possible to remain on your existing option. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 25,576 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are affected by the price increase this will be automatically applied to your bill going forward [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oranbhoy67 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]unfortunately it would not be possible to remain on your existing option. [/font]

Hi,

There is nothing on my letter stating an increase and in fact it says my price plan will stay the same until 2018. Can you confirm that not all customers are getting a price increase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

There is nothing on my letter stating an increase and in fact it says my price plan will stay the same until 2018. Can you confirm that not all customers are getting a price increase?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have not been advised of a price increase this will not affect you [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Timberrrrrrrr, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]not all customers are affected by this.[/font]

Advertisement