Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to recycle/dispose of used duvets and pillows

• 06-07-2016 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can dispose of old duvets and pillows in Clare? Trying to avoid having to pay to send them to landfill!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Think they have to go the landfill route unless you find someone that can re-use them. Maybe check with some of the animal rescue charities if they can use them for bedding??

I know that you cannot put them in any of the clothes recycling bins/cash for clobber bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yea I was hoping someone might have experience of donating them to a particular shelter or similar, looks like I will have to ring around some places!
    Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

All the charity BRING BINS specifically say, no duvets or pillows.
    Its a health & safety concern.
    Nice gesture thought, ring a homeless charity for better info.
    If they can use them they will.
    If not, land fill.

Tom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thanks Tom for your reply, I know the clothing bins specify that they don't accept duvets and pillows, hence my question. I've contacted a number of charities in the area and received no reply so far, which is why I asked if anyone knows of somewhere that definitely takes them or has done so in the past. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Tom44 wrote: »
    All the charity BRING BINS specifically say, no duvets or pillows.
    Its a health & safety concern.
    Nice gesture thought, ring a homeless charity for better info.
    If they can use them they will.
    If not, land fill.

Tom.

Nothing to do with health and safety (for once!!) - afaik they cannot recycle the materials, therefore they are no use to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement