Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Recess Lighting Advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I use these guys. Good quality fittings they have some insulated options too to keep the heat in and the cold out.

You need to match the whole size so measure the diameter.

Also that polished chrome can get smudged, have a look at a satin nickel or satin chrome fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

re the downlight cover, I don't know about the silicone sealer as unless u leave enough wire inside the flower pot you wont be able to replace the fitting with any degree of ease.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

The sealed units won't need those covers, they have insulated units and ones that you can have the insulation right up to the fitting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭karlitob

Stoner wrote: »
    The sealed units won't need those covers, they have insulated units and ones that you can have the insulation right up to the fitting

Thanks everyone.

Just to confirm, on looking at the pictures, that what is in place is dangerous and should be changed.

If so, I should check the diameter of the opening first before purchasing anything new.

You feel I don't need a fire cover for under the insulation?

karlitob wrote:
    You feel I don't need a fire cover for under the insulation?

No there are fittings you can buy that are certified to British/ en standards that can be fitted with insulation up close but not covering them.
    They have a cage around the top of them. They are better than a cheap fitting with a generic cover fitted

• Advertisement
Advertisement