Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Eir eFibre Modem

Options
  • 07-07-2016 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Does anyone know as to how many Ethernet ports are on the rear of the latest Eir eFibre Modem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,310 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

erinville wrote: »
    Does anyone know as to how many Ethernet ports are on the rear of the latest Eir eFibre Modem?
    Hi Erinville,

Thank you for your post :)

I would recommend contacting our techhnical support team directly and the guys will be happy to answer any questions you have. You can contact them on 1890-260-260 or freephone 1901. 

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 erinville

Thanks Ciara.
    Is there any video which shows Eir vision in action?
    I'd like to see the tv guide, menus, graphics etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks Ciara.
    Is there any video which shows Eir vision in action?
    I'd like to see the tv guide, menus, graphics etc...
    Hi erinville,

What area are you in? Some of our stores will have eir Vision set up in the store and you can test the service. :)

-Pamela 

I'm afraid I'm 15 miles from Cork City.

• Advertisement

I'm afraid I'm 15 miles from Cork City.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid we do not have a video online [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]erinville[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] however if you call into one of our stores in a efibre enabled area so can test this service out for yourself.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

What speed is required to run the tv channels?

What speed is required to run the tv channels?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Your line would need to be holding at least 24mb of efibre to avail of the eir Vision service [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]erinville.[/font]

My neighbour, who is about 50 yards nearer to the exchange & ordered the channels but pulled out after he was told that there wasn't enough speed for multiroom.
    He was told that his speed was 25mbps.
    So, I'm afraid that this will happen to me too.
    I was talking to an eir engineer about this & he said that he was very surprised to hear this.
    He knows the area & he said that there should be around 50mbps on that line.
    So, something is clearly wrong.
    Is there a dedicated department in eir that could test my line & tell me what speeds to expect?

My neighbour, who is about 50 yards nearer to the exchange & ordered the channels but pulled out after he was told that there wasn't enough speed for multiroom.
    He was told that his speed was 25mbps.
    So, I'm afraid that this will happen to me too.
    I was talking to an eir engineer about this & he said that he was very surprised to hear this.
    He knows the area & he said that there should be around 50mbps on that line.
    So, something is clearly wrong.
    Is there a dedicated department in eir that could test my line & tell me what speeds to expect?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I’m sorry to hear this erinville,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Each line is individual and[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] it's worth noting even when a cabinet may seem close that lines are not laid as the crow flies and may take different routes from the cabinet before it reaches your home.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will arrange for your line to be prequaled.[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Account number is:
    I wouldn't post your account number on a public forum!

I had to because a person needs to have posted 25 times on the forum before you can send a PM.
    I could have given my email address or phone number, but that would be the same thing.
    There's a lot of horror stories about eir Vision & the installer is due to call Thursday.
    That's why am enquiring about speeds etc...

I had to because a person needs to have posted 25 times on the forum before you can send a PM.
    I could have given my email address or phone number, but that would be the same thing.
    There's a lot of horror stories about eir Vision & the installer is due to call Thursday.
    That's why am enquiring about speeds etc...
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]erinville,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are more than happy to assist via PM should you request this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend removing your account number for the security of your account.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have responded to your PM and I'm afraid we are unable to prequal a line until it is active.[/font]

davo2001 wrote: »
    Account number is:
    How do I delete the number from this message?
    I can't see an edit option.

What does prequal mean?

davo2001 wrote: »
    Account number is:
    How do I delete the number from this message?
    I can't see an edit option.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Is there an option to edit your post [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]erinville?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]

What does prequal mean?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It means test the line [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]erinville.[/font]

No option to edit Pamela.
    Would it be possible for the installer to test the line before installing eir Vision to let me know as to what speed to expect?

No option to edit Pamela.
    Would it be possible for the installer to test the line before installing eir Vision to let me know as to what speed to expect?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you contact the boards.ie moderators they will be able to amend this for you erinville.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid not as there is no active line available to test.[/font]

Advertisement