Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Meetups in Cork!

Options
  • 07-07-2016 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭

Any boardsies out there interested in having a regular meetup group, for hitting the town, or whatever suggestions you may have? :)

Throwing this out there just to see how much interest can be gauged, so mods please don't close it without reading the full post first.

It would be great to meet up with some of the regulars or not so regulars, wether you drink or don't drink, wether you're shy or would talk the socks off someone!

I can see 2 options as how this could go ahead:

1. User Kingtut on here used post about a meetups.com group called "Meetups in Cork" up to 2 years ago, which is still active but the boards.ie integration has fell by the wayside.

I can ask him if he'd like to have it integrated it a bit more with boards in a dedicated thread and I can volunteer to post on the groups behalf with his approval.

Or....

2. Alternatively a separate, dedicated boards.ie meetup could be created if people would prefer, with mods approval of course.

In my own experience of Meetups.com in Cork, I find the nightlife can be lacking, there's not many meetups that go on til closing time.

Which is a shame when we have late night venues like the Crane Lane that close late even mid week!

If anyone is even remotely interested, please make a reply to the thread saying your interested , and if anyone wants to leave feedback about both options, or have other ideas feel free.

Cheers!

Advertisement