Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a room - opt out of provisions

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

If the op rented a bedroom and had a second kitchen and bathroom in his house which he opted not to use and allow the person renting the room to use there would be no one even questioning it. This is no different, the term self contained unit is simply confusing people. It's been spoken about on here many times and the result has always been that self contained units are not tenancy's and they fall under the rent a room scheme.

It's very clear that everything is under the one roof, I don't see why you are trying to muddy the waters.

The o/p does not have a kitchen and bathroom in his house which he opts not to use and is not letting a bedroom.
    A separate entrance, its own kitchen and bathroom mean a separate dwelling. All of the apartments in a block are separate dwellings. All of the flats in a pre-63 are separate dwellings. Section 25 was inserted into the RTA for a reason not as surplusage.
    You are confusing the Revenue view with the RTA view and for that matter the planners view!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note That's enough of the to and fro thanks. Take it to pm if you want to continue to argue between yourselves. It's clear the OP needs a definitive answer from the appropriate bodies and not internet supposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Yeah I will contact both prtb and revenue for more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Yeah I will contact both prtb and revenue for more detail.

Did you get any clarity on your situation from your further investigations?

Advertisement