Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir price increase while on a promotional package

Options
  • 07-07-2016 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got a link to the underlying contract which allows them to increase my price while on a 18 month promotional contract: it was done via voice in March.
    \Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Was it 12 months into an 18 month contract?
    Meteor (same owners) did the same thing to me. Claimed the promotional part only applied for 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

afaik some 18 month introductory packages had the special price for 6 months and then full price for the remaining 12 months, though one package had 12 months at introductory price and the remaining 6 months at full price.

I have never seen any that had the promotional price apply for the entire 18 months. All legacy t&c's are usually on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm not sure if this is a similar issue but I just sorted this out for my MIL

Short Version:
    Eir changed the name and terms of a contract midway, this went against contract law.

She signed a contract for 18 months with 6 months at half price.

After 4 months the offer changed name and terms. She called to query and was sold a worse package to her original one, with a different name. (and according to eir another 18 month contract started!)

She's now on month 16 of the original 18 month contract.

There's been loads of over charging and promised credits that never materialised.

6 weeks ago I wrote a letter.

I stated that contract law had been broken as the terms had changed of the original 18 month contract.
    I also stated the second package was mis-sold.
    I offered them a transcript of the phone call as proof.

After eir misplaced the first two formal complaint letters, they finally agreed before I proceed to ComReg.

She received a refund of €150 and her contract has ended, she is free to leave without penalty.

Though I have it in writing, I'll believe it when I see it!

So, no eir cant change the terms of your original 18 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is a similar issue but I just sorted this out for my MIL

Short Version:
    Eir changed the name and terms of a contract midway, this went against contract law.

She signed a contract for 18 months with 6 months at half price.

After 4 months the offer changed name and terms. She called to query and was sold a worse package to her original one, with a different name. (and according to eir another 18 month contract started!)

She's now on month 16 of the original 18 month contract.

There's been loads of over charging and promised credits that never materialised.

6 weeks ago I wrote a letter.

I stated that contract law had been broken as the terms had changed of the original 18 month contract.
    I also stated the second package was mis-sold.
    I offered them a transcript of the phone call as proof.

After eir misplaced the first two formal complaint letters, they finally agreed before I proceed to ComReg.

She received a refund of €150 and her contract has ended, she is free to leave without penalty.

Though I have it in writing, I'll believe it when I see it!

So, no eir cant change the terms of your original 18 month contract.

if the original contract says that the promotional price only applies for the first 6 months then there has been no change in contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No the whole package changed!

It was 18 months @ €60 p/m with 50 % discount for the 1st 6 months (so €30 per month)

It changed to €74 p/m month with 50% discount for the 1st 6 months (so €37 per month)

There were also many changes in the included minutes / data etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,462 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    No the whole package changed!

It was 18 months @ €60 p/m with 50 % discount for the 1st 6 months (so €30 per month)

It changed to €74 p/m month with 50% discount for the 1st 6 months (so €37 per month)

There were also many changes in the included minutes / data etc

i was referring to the OPs contract not yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone got a link to the underlying contract which allows them to increase my price while on a 18 month promotional contract: it was done via voice in March.
    \Thanks

I dont have a copy but they all include clauses to allow for price hikes with the mandatory opt out.

You can can cancel within 30 days of the increase notice. Wont do much good though as its a wholesale change so prices are rising across the board.

Advertisement