Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

This thread is still going :)

Time to get the popcorn - the op has provided great entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Just 1.8oz of Thailand reared chicken in the entire pack, but overall, not the worst ready meal out there.

Curry Sauce, Cooked Rice, Cooked Chicken Breast (12%), Curry Sauce contains: Water, Tomato Purée, Onion, Tomato, Coconut, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Half Cream (Milk), Mango, Cornflour, Butter (Milk), Red Chilli, Spices, Turmeric, Salt, Garlic Purée, Acidity Regulator (Acetic Acid), Chilli Powder, Cooked Rice contains: Water, Long Grain Rice, Cooked Chicken Breast contains: Chicken, Cornflour

Allergy Information:
    For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
    Storage:
    Keep Frozen - See storage instructions.
    Produced in:
    Ireland

using chicken from:
    Thailand

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

HairMare wrote: »
    Your looking for how I handle it as tesco, simple dont sell goods at a price thats not going to be consistent or at very least mark it as a promo or intro offer.
    Thankfully you do not work for tesco so, I would hate if they did that. I said before many of the best value items are not advertised as such. If they were highlighted they would be sold out more frequently, both by people alerted to it and the idiots who blindly believe all "special offers" are genuine and so buy them without bothering to check.

If it had been marked as an intro offer and increased to 2.50 I think you would still be moaning though. I asked early on exactly how you would increase the price (e.g. in increments) or alert people. I was trying to put you in their shoes, as I was expecting you might prefer to see upcoming price increase alerts, which extremely few retailers would do for obvious reasons.
    In terms of other offers else where aldi are 1.49 if not less for frozen meals such as sweet and sour, possibly even as low as 1.29. Deals are 1.49/1.50 for chk curry and rice. Havent been in dunnes or super valu in ages so cant comment, so yes plenty of cheaper and cheaper alternatives. Im sure loads more out there...
    I specifically asked for ones below 1 euro, which you said was not exceptionally cheap. I wanted to know the cheaper ones, you can name none, exactly as I expected, since 1euro is ridiculously cheap. I do not need the price to have a yellow background for me to realise this.
    I saw it as a shocking price hike, simple as and something tesco in particular constantly do.
    The only thing shocking is that you claim to be shocked at something you say they constantly do :confused: why the shock, surely it should be expected...

BTW Tesco chilled shelf value chicken curry is 1.75 and has a higher % of chicken breast than that frozen one and is the same weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

rubadub wrote: »
    Thankfully you do not work for tesco so, I would hate if they did that. I said before many of the best value items are not advertised as such. If they were highlighted they would be sold out more frequently, both by people alerted to it and the idiots who blindly believe all "special offers" are genuine and so buy them without bothering to check.

If it had been marked as an intro offer and increased to 2.50 I think you would still be moaning though. I asked early on exactly how you would increase the price (e.g. in increments) or alert people. I was trying to put you in their shoes, as I was expecting you might prefer to see upcoming price increase alerts, which extremely few retailers would do for obvious reasons.

I specifically asked for ones below 1 euro, which you said was not exceptionally cheap. I wanted to know the cheaper ones, you can name none, exactly as I expected, since 1euro is ridiculously cheap. I do not need the price to have a yellow background for me to realise this.

The only thing shocking is that you claim to be shocked at something you say they constantly do :confused: why the shock, surely it should be expected...

BTW Tesco chilled shelf value chicken curry is 1.75 and has a higher % of chicken breast than that frozen one and is the same weight.

Oh come on your investing too much time in this, I never said there were ready meals under a euro, I said there plenty cheaper than 2.50. The level of increase is shocking part, nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 69,028 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The level of increase is shocking part, nothing else

Shocking to pretty much you and nobody else. You may want to adjust how easily you get shocked.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Shocking to pretty much you and nobody else. You may want to adjust how easily you get shocked.

Will do !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Oh come on your investing too much time in this
    I know, this type of nonsense really infuriates me.
    I never said there were ready meals under a euro,
    It seemed like you might know of some when you said this.
    At a euro it wasnt exceptionally cheap. It was a bog standard ready meal.
    rubadub wrote: »
    Can you please share some ready meals you have found which were cheaper than 1 euro then

A euro IS exceptionally cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I think your missing the issue, how can any store warrant something becoming 2.5 times initial selling price, its madness, pure madness would be paying the new price. At a euro it wasnt exceptionally cheap. It was a bog standard ready meal.

At a euro they might as well just give it away. €2.50 is cheap.

endacl wrote: »
    At a euro they might as well just give it away. €2.50 is cheap.

2.50 isnt cheap for it, the weight watchers version is 2.59 or 2 for 4.€2.50 isnt cheap for a teaco own brand frozen meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Jesus Christ how is this still going? :lol:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

OP, contact Tesco and query why the prices have increased. Express extreme disdain. We all want to know the response
    customer.services @ tesco.ie

Have done was told it was introduced at incorrect price, which has now been corrected in line with similar variants, slight paraphrasing as phone wont copy/paste. I emailed back asking prettu much were they having a laugh, nothing back ti that...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Im just going to ask it, Have you nothing better to do with your life?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Im just going to ask it, Have you nothing better to do with your life?

Yeah but no but yeah!

LunarSea wrote: »
    Jesus Christ how is this still going? :lol:

Thread is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,180 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Thread is great value.

Better value than a frozen meal with 12% chicken in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Their shop. They can charge what they like. You don't have to buy it.

Really hate this stupid answer every boring time.

paska wrote: »
    Really hate this stupid answer every boring time.

It's great value as an answer. We get loads of wear out if it.

And, you have to admit, it's never been more appropriate.

Better value than a frozen meal with 12% chicken in it?

For €2.50? No way! That's a remarkably low price for such a product!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Coming from a farm, how the hell does a person expect to get a product containing meat for one euro retail?
    Set yourself some sort of standard on the food you eat. If everybody did, there would not be a market for rubbish.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Coming from a farm, how the hell does a person expect to get a product containing meat for one euro retail?
    Set yourself some sort of standard on the food you eat. If everybody did, there would not be a market for rubbish.

People expect it now. It's daft, but it's the way it is. If you fancy an eye opener, dig out the stats for percentage of household income spent on food over the last 100 years or so. Mean income has never been so high, and the proportion spent on food so low, as it is these days. And people still demand and expect more for less. Which is why so many of us are obese lumps of wheeze. Modern world. Whatcha gonna do... :rolleyes:

TMK more is spent on alcohol than food in this country.
    I am not sure people in general expect it but more middle managers justifying their job by shaving 0.1% off some thing.

Good food is still extremely cheap, generally no need to buy rubbish.
    A breast of chicken or a good pork chop can be got for the one euro.

Water John wrote: »
    TMK more is spent on alcohol than food in this country.
    I am not sure people in general expect it but more middle managers justifying their job by shaving 0.1% off some thing.

Good food is still extremely cheap, generally no need to buy rubbish.
    A breast of chicken or a good pork chop can be got for the one euro.

Hi there thread was never about quality or nutrition, purely about price shooting up.

Yes, and I am saying if your unhappy, go elsewhere. Also buy good food, its very good value.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

OP, Lidl have Simply frozen ready meals now.
    They are £1 in UK, €1.29 here.
    Spaghetti Bolognese, Cottage Pie and some other versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,180 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

snubbleste wrote: »
    OP, Lidl have Simply frozen ready meals now.
    They are £1 in UK, €1.29 here.
    Spaghetti Bolognese, Cottage Pie and some other versions.
    Compares well with the price of their pet food.

Advertisement