Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imagine broadband

Options
  • 07-07-2016 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi just wondering does anyone in caragh area in Kildare have imagine broadband and if so how r u finding it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pizza7

I see clongorry r getting 65mb can anyone from day area confirm this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

They guarantee 30mb and a max 400 installations per mast. - Maybe see if they give this guarantee in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Browning

I have had imagine BB for the last 9 months. Must say I find it great. No issues at all. Was previously using mobile bb which was s***. I live in Kilteel. Getting speeds of 30-40mb no problem. This has transformed my internet usage, streaming movies, chromecast all things that were a pipe dream before I got imagine bb. I think the limiting factor for people will be your location in relation to the local mast. But in fairness to Imagine they will not install if they cannot guarantee a decent signal. They will be straight with you upfront.

Browning wrote: »
    I have had imagine BB for the last 9 months. Must say I find it great. No issues at all. Was previously using mobile bb which was s***. I live in Kilteel. Getting speeds of 30-40mb no problem. This has transformed my internet usage, streaming movies, chromecast all things that were a pipe dream before I got imagine bb. I think the limiting factor for people will be your location in relation to the local mast. But in fairness to Imagine they will not install if they cannot guarantee a decent signal. They will be straight with you upfront.

Thanks browning I was like u only getting 2mb on tesco mobile on a good day..think I will go ahead with it all reports same good

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Eircom fibre is available in caragh. Fantastic speeds

Edited to day 59mb speed

• Advertisement

thanks jake..im about 3km from caragh and cant get eircom had them out twice and doesnt seem its coming out my way for a few years yet.orderd imagine yesterday so should b up and running in a wk or two...heres hoping for at least 30mb broadband:)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gally

I have it one week.Speeds between low 30,s and low 60,s. Very good.cctv on phone also set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

Im in Straffan and just signed up to a new mast in Kildare (Caragh maybe? Not sure). It only went live about 10 days ago. Getting over 80 wired and a solid 50+ wireless. :D :cool: :)

13987516_10154390582045768_7160000091662212725_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Vasarbob

Anyone else having a hard time getting the imagine installation team to do there job. I have had 2 different teams out and neither of them want to install the wire inside the house ?? The first teams problem was they didn't want to drill the hole in the wall from the outside in case they damaged something ?? How the hell do they expect it to get inside. The second wouldn't run the wire inside the house, said that they had just got an email telling them they are not allowed to install the wire inside the house, only drill a hole from the outside to the nearest double socket ??? It's pushing the boundaries of belief that they " are not allowed to install the wire inside the house, only drill a hole from the outside to the nearest double socket " ??? Crazy or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Vasarbob wrote: »
    Anyone else having a hard time getting the imagine installation team to do there job. I have had 2 different teams out and neither of them want to install the wire inside the house ?? The first teams problem was they didn't want to drill the hole in the wall from the outside in case they damaged something ?? How the hell do they expect it to get inside. The second wouldn't run the wire inside the house, said that they had just got an email telling them they are not allowed to install the wire inside the house, only drill a hole from the outside to the nearest double socket ??? It's pushing the boundaries of belief that they " are not allowed to install the wire inside the house, only drill a hole from the outside to the nearest double socket " ??? Crazy or what ?

Insurance and liability. They wouldn't go into my attic, they had to drill the hole, and get me to go up and pull the cable through for them. Pair of young lads as well so probably afraid they'll wreck something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 lgflynn

I got it installed back in Aug , Im located in Cherryville (Just outside Kildare town) and getting low 30s - to 50s.. Running great and no problems to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Getting anything from 5-50Mb depending on time of day. Still beats my 'unlimited' 6Mb eircom DSL.

The wireless router they give you is bollocks signal wise, so see if you can get a separate access point that's actually good, or use a wired connection where you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭eskerman

Im on the Trim side of Enfield - near Baconstown and I moved from a very bad EIR broadband (around 2.2MBPS down and 0.4MBPS up) to Vodafone and it went from bad to worse -I was lucky to be getting 1.4 down and up was 0.1 maybe 0.3. The contract kicked off end of Oct and I was on the phone to them every day for a month - they extended the cooling off period and then tried to hook me into a contract in Jan - I eventually got a release from contract and I have my UAN so I am free to look at options

I am about 6km from Enfield exchange and despite the so called EIR roll our map about fibre I can't get any preliminary dates even to the year from Eir - nobody knows and you can't speak to the dept who are responsible = total frustration.

I tried Vodafone Mobile Broadband 4G and it was good - 25/35Mbps down however the data limit was 150GB for €60/month - I need at least 250GB/month and thats not heavy usage in todays market - couple of tablets and laptops would use up 150GB easily and I also need broadband for work

I am exporing this Imagine broadband as my only option and was wondering if anybody can give me some feedback - good and bad / warts and all and especially in the Enfield location which I understand is fed from Cappagh mast

Thanks in advance
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭eskerman

long_b wrote: »

Thanks for that link - Ive posted my note to it

Regards
    Paul

Advertisement