Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rossberry - Lucan - Buy property , any suggestions?

Options
  • 07-07-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Me and my partner looking to buy a house in Rossberry - Lucan. Can anyone advise regarding how is the area overall - schools / how safe the area is / shopping /transport to city centre etc. We both work in city centre so would have to travel up and down everyday.And what price range would be for a semi detached 3bed and 4 bed house ?
    Is it worth to buy now or wait a bit?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its closeby Supervalu (the old Superquinn) the public library, a very frequent bus route (25A) several schools and many other facilities and amenities (though I would hasten to add- schools are vastly oversubscribed in the area- even locals aren't guaranteed places (I'm in Lucan myself- my own children have to go to Maynooth).

Prices seem to be a bit all over the place- have a look at www.propertypriceregister.ie for official sale prices- they seem to vary by over 100,000 for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Rossberry is a relatively new area- its at the back of Griffeen (which itself is a new area)- any old timer Lucan folk colloquailly call the whole area the 12th Locke area (after the 12th locke on the canal).

Personally- looking at the recent sale prices for the Rossberry estates- they seem very high for what you're actually getting (to me anyway)- I don't see how or why 250-300k seems to be the norm- in my eyes they're not worth it- but then again, I'm not buying.......

Its a new'ish area- I'm not aware that there are any antisocial elements- there are lots of young families and there are plenty of facilities and amenties.

The only massive issue I'd highlight with the area- is if you're driving- its a complete and utter nightmare to try to get into- or out of- the area at peak morning and evening traffic. It can be completely and utterly bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hello_all

Thanks a lot for your response The_Conductor
    Do you have any specific time in the morning when the traffic crops up? We start work around 8/8-15ish.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

hello_all wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for your response The_Conductor
    Do you have any specific time in the morning when the traffic crops up? We start work around 8/8-15ish.

You're fine at the moment (schools are out for summer)- its when they go back that its going to be mental in the morning- though what I'd thoroughly suggest you do- is drive out to the area- and trying leaving there between 08.00 and 08.15- to get a feel for what its like- and similarly in the evening- leave the city centre at 17.00- and see how long it takes you to get home........

I took a fairly hefty paycut to get a transfer closer to home- the drive into and out of Dublin was driving me loopy *esp. the North quays

Definitely do come out- in early morning and again leave town and drive out a few evenings- to see what its like- you really need to.

I'd also argue- if you haven't bought by September- to repeat the exercise- its a whole different kettle of fish..........

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hello_all

Yes thats good idea. will surely try travelling in and around from city centre to Rossberry during peak times. And if we dont go ahead this time to purchase may be we can try in September going there when school starts.

Thanks for your response. Truly appreciate.

Advertisement