Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of some Tullamore Bypass roundabouts

Options
  • 07-07-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

The condition of some of the roundabouts on the Tullamore bypass is poor. The grass on the inside of some of them has been let grow wild. Others stein a good condition eg the Ballard roundabout and Portlaoise road roundabout. All of them have local business "sponsorship" names on them. But it seems to only be The Tullamore court hotel and Tullamore Golf Club that are maintaining "their" locations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Wasn't there a little dog living on one of those rindybouts a while back. Hope he got reunited with his owner or found his forever home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

The roundabouts were left that way for nature for some European competition to be done. They were here last week (judges) i think so expect them cut shortly...

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

The roundabouts were left that way for nature for some European competition to be done. They were here last week (judges) i think so expect them cut shortly...

I seen the flowers etc around town for the competition. Lovely job. Fair play to all those involved. I was thinking that the state of some the roundabouts would undo some of their good work. Never thought of the nature aspect of the long grass or that it was part of the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Instead of cutting the grass, they have started to resurface around the roundabouts out by mucklagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

240 Robert wrote: »
    Instead of cutting the grass, they have started to resurface around the roundabouts out by mucklagh.

That's good. There are a few bad holes in places. Especially the clonminch road roundabout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement