Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puppies

• 07-07-2016 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭

OK so first to note that I am not trying to rehome puppies here as I think that is against rules but to make a long story short, I have managed to obtain permission from a neighbor whose dog had pups to re-home them as they couldn't be bothered :mad: I have placed one already with a good friend and I know it will be a perfect forever home but I am not sure what to do with the others. If I tell the owner I cant find homes he may keep them as guard dogs or for breeding - something I want to avoid! But I would feel bad dumping them at a shelter (I am usually the person who takes animals away from a shelter not the other way around).

Is it safe to advertise them online? I was thinking of contacting my local vet also, as they have a noticeboard.

Anyone done this before or have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Facebook. Loads of my friends have adopted kittens and puppies from Facebook posts put up by friends of friends. That way you can be surer that they're decent homes, but it's still a good way to get the word out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    OK so first to note that I am not trying to rehome puppies here as I think that is against rules but to make a long story short, I have managed to obtain permission from a neighbor whose dog had pups to re-home them as they couldn't be bothered :mad: I have placed one already with a good friend and I know it will be a perfect forever home but I am not sure what to do with the others. If I tell the owner I cant find homes he may keep them as guard dogs or for breeding - something I want to avoid! But I would feel bad dumping them at a shelter (I am usually the person who takes animals away from a shelter not the other way around).

Is it safe to advertise them online? I was thinking of contacting my local vet also, as they have a noticeboard.

Anyone done this before or have any ideas?

Where are you based? personally i would ask a local rescue to assist you in helping to find them new homes - they will post back ground and photos on facebook and also do a home check etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

cocker5 wrote: »
    Where are you based? personally i would ask a local rescue to assist you in helping to find them new homes - they will post back ground and photos on facebook and also do a home check etc

+1. stay away from certain advertising sites. !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

+1. stay away from certain advertising sites. !!!

Adverts.ie is a big no no OP so many people asking for dogs EVERYDAY .... the same people, 3/4 dogs a day.....then passing the dogs over via adverts weeks later... its a haven for puppy farmers and for dog fight baiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Adverts.ie is a big no no OP so many people asking for dogs EVERYDAY .... the same people, 3/4 dogs a day.....then passing the dogs over via adverts weeks later... its a haven for puppy farmers and for dog fight baiting

that's what I was worried about tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

and DD too!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

You can post the pups in the rehoming thread here OldNotWise... It's okay as long as you're not representing a rescue or doing it regularly :)
    If a normal punter wondered about advertising pups online, I'd advise them to run away very fast. But I think you've more than enough knowledge and tenacity to cut through the time wasters and fillet out the premium homes :)
    That said, Facebook and/or support from a rescue would be a really good start.

DBB wrote: »
    You can post the pups in the rehoming thread here OldNotWise... It's okay as long as you're not representing a rescue or doing it regularly :)
    If a normal punter wondered about advertising pups online, I'd advise them to run away very fast. But I think you've more than enough knowledge and tenacity to cut through the time wasters and fillet out the premium homes :)
    That said, Facebook and/or support from a rescue would be a really good start.

Thanks! Can you point me to the thread, I've tried searching in animal and pet forum and cant find it (technospa) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Thanks! Can you point me to the thread, I've tried searching in animal and pet forum and cant find it (technospa) :pac:

This is it I'd say?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626371&page=122

ncur wrote: »

thanks! I've posted so here is hoping. Parents putting me under major pressure to home them, and the longer they stay where they are the higher the risk they will be kept there :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement