Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barr Taoide apartments

Options
  • 07-07-2016 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am considering moving into an apartment in Barr Taoide, which overlooks the docks. I'm wondering if anyone who has lived or is living in these apartments, has issues with noise from adjacent apartments? I notice that the party wall in a lot of these apartments divides living room spaces, so there may be issues with TVs, etc.

I'm currently living in Crescent Court apartments, Fr. Griffin Road, so have a certain tolerance for low level, ambient living noise.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I haven't notice any noise really from adjacent apartments. I think the buildings in general are good in that sense, walls seem fairly thick.

However, there is noise from the ventilation from Tribeton which is slightly annoying. I guess it's only an issue if your apartment is facing the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭wetlandsboy

Many thanks, Anima.

I think it would be very interesting to create some type of repository containing observations and experiences of apartment build quality in Galway, as there appears to be huge variations in that regard around the city. I guess it's only when people move into an apartment that they may get a horrible surprise!

I live in Crescent Court on Fr Griffin Rd. In general, build quality is relatively good, although this depends on the apartment configuration: party walls between living rooms creates potential noise problems. Insulation between floors appears to be very good; there are no noise problems arising from flooring in apartments above.

Advertisement