Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnetic N plates

Options
  • 07-07-2016 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any idea where to buy these in or around the north city centre. The re-usable ones I have don't seem to be all that re-usable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could try Mitchell's Car Accessories on Capel Street. Ring them on 8730861 to see if they have them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just a word of warning. I had two sets of magnetic L plates. A strong wind and your going to lose them

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

And they get robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,131 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Friend of mine came up with this great solution for a multi use car, he went online to see what was the minimum permitted size of an N or L plate and printed 2 of each out on his computer, then using a sheet of clear plastic he taped two pockets to the front and rear windscreens. Then when each driver used the car they would just slip the plates into the pockets, like a tax disc, and slip them out again when finished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

flazio wrote: »
    Friend of mine came up with this great solution for a multi use car, he went online to see what was the minimum permitted size of an N or L plate and printed 2 of each out on his computer, then using a sheet of clear plastic he taped two pockets to the front and rear windscreens. Then when each driver used the car they would just slip the plates into the pockets, like a tax disc, and slip them out again when finished.

Genius.

Could do the same with a pair of punch pocket A4 files in a pinch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

flazio wrote: »

Might try this. Thanks

Advertisement