Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferns CharityCycle

Options
  • 07-07-2016 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Charity cycle taking place on July 17th 2016 in aid of Down Syndrome Ireland and Ballycanew Autism Unit. Option of a 100km or 50km route. Registration from 8.00-9.30am in Ferns St.Aidans GAA clubhouse in Co. Wexford. Registration fee €25. Parking and showering facilities available on the day followed by BBQ and Monster Raffle in the Courtyard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

This sportive continues the tradition of the popular St Lukes sportive which unfortunately stopped last year. I think this is the route. http://www.mapmyride.com/ie/enniscorthy-l/a-ride-mapped-on-03-14-2011-route-29666348

Further details on Facebook I believe.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Cycling Adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Plan to do this, steamtrain* up the early ascent of Mt Leinster and then enjoy the scenery at a gentle pace on the rolling 2/3rd left..

* Huff and puff a lot and have to keep stopping for water.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭10 Carrolls

Is this following the same route as the St Lukes one from last year? I've been waiting for a chance to have another run at the hill between carnew and ferns, sliabh bui I think it is, an absolute brute of a hill after you take the 90 degree right turn.

Is this following the same route as the St Lukes one from last year? I've been waiting for a chance to have another run at the hill between carnew and ferns, sliabh bui I think it is, an absolute brute of a hill after you take the 90 degree right turn.

Yes its the same route for as the St Lukes. They have also introduced an optional shorter route as well. I will see if I can get a link.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone is stuck for something to do in the morning this year the event is taking place tomorrow 16/7/17.

In aid Hope Cancer support centre and acquired brain injury Ireland 100% of entry fee goes to charity.

http://www.hopesupportcentre.ie/services-1/2017/7/16/ferns-charity-cycle

(this was previously run as the St lukes charity sportive).

Nice 100k route taking in Mt leinster.
    https://www.plotaroute.com/route/235753

50km route as well.

Burgers and ice cream at the finish apparently !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I did the route when it was known as St. Luke's, it is an excellent event.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Thanks for today lads. Super event over a very nice course, brilliant weather good people and a BBQ at the finish.

Advertisement