Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offer Vs. Advanced entry- mature

Options
  • 07-07-2016 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all,
    I am hoping I can get some advice on making a decision. I'm considering going back to college as a mature student (36) after being away from higher education for 14 years. I completed a 2-year Level 6 Engineering programme in 2002. Now, I got an offer on my 4th choice: Level 7 Engineering- first year, which I am yet to accept. I also applied for advanced entry into year 2 of a level 6 Engineering programme, and luckily I got an offer directly from the college. Now I am confused on which to accept. Considering the fact that I have been away from higher education for a long time, will it be wise for me to start the level 7 from year one, or go for the advanced entry (year 2) of the Level 6 programme? My intention is to continue my studies till Honours/Masters level in the future.

Thanks.

Advertisement