Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 Public Beta

Options
  • 07-07-2016 5:54pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I don't think it's dropped just yet but it's out today. You can sign up at the link below.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

So who is going to install it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I've had it on my iPad mini since the developer beta was out and zero problems so I'll install it on that anyway. Don't think I'll put it on my phone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Downloading it now. 1.7 GB but moving along nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Got it , in Apple Music , big improvements

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm very tempted…

Can anyone confirm if the Ulster Bank app still works in the beta?

Sorry, I don't use Ulster bank so can't check. Everything is running smoothly so far. Mail, messages, safari, twitter, music, whatsapp, rte player all running without problems on a 6s. It was a bit sluggish right after installation but has picked up now. I have all the bling options in messenger but I doubt any of my contacts will try the beta so I probably can't play very much

• Advertisement

The new Irish accent on Siri is a bit disconcerting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gonna put it on for the weekend. Can revert if it's glitchy or essential apps don't work, no big deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Keeps on failing when verifying. Asking to try again or remind me later. Replaced the screen and broke the Touch ID is the only thing I can think of. Was same error with the developer beta

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

I'm very tempted…

Tried the Ulster Bank app, opens OK, but crashes when you try and look at the detail. Maybe it is just my empty bank account ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

What happens when 10.0 is released to the masses? Do you get the official release then or stay on the beta track?

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    What happens when 10.0 is released to the masses? Do you get the official release then or stay on the beta track?

you keep getting the incremental beta updates until 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I'm very tempted…

No, it crashes as soon as you try to look into your account, opens fine on iPad running the public beta though and on WatchOS 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

naasrd wrote: »
    No, it crashes as soon as you try to look into your account, opens fine on iPad running the public beta though and on WatchOS 3.

Could it be specific to a certain model iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'm running it on an Air 2 and it's ok. Needs a fresh install to speed it up, but the stability is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I like it. It's mostly a nice improvement over ios9, although I'm not mad about everything, like the health app which is a bit of a mess now. And the new method of unlocking the phone, it's a good bit less intuitive now and I can see a lot of people getting frustrated by it.

It has some nice small touches that I like, like in messages if someone sends you a link to a YouTube video you can watch the video right in the messaging screen, and 3D Touch seems to finally be useful. The memories videos in photos is actually fairly cool aswell, surprisingly.

I'll be heading back to ios9 shortly because the battery life is doing my head in, but I'm impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I've had zero problems so far (iPhone 6)I installed on Saturday and over all have no complaints. Some apps seem to hang a little but I wouldn't be too worried about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

I've had zero problems so far (iPhone 6)I installed on Saturday and over all have no complaints. Some apps seem to hang a little but I wouldn't be too worried about that.

I had terrible trouble on an iPhone 6. It was really unstable. Switching between apps was very laggy. None of my widgets displayed data.

Also I hate the new music app. Simple things like toggling shuffle on and off while playing music are missing. I got rid.

Col_30 wrote: »
    I had terrible trouble on an iPhone 6. It was really unstable. Switching between apps was very laggy. None of my widgets displayed data.

Also I hate the new music app. Simple things like toggling shuffle on and off while playing music are missing. I got rid.

it's crazy how different folks have different experiences. I have a 64 GB, dunno if that makes any odds. I like some of the new Music features, I'm not a fan of the big bold lettering, it's very "un-Apple" if you know what I mean. It took a while for me to find the repeat button.. I've enjoyed the experience so far so I'll leave it in play for now.

it's crazy how different folks have different experiences. I have a 64 GB, dunno if that makes any odds. I like some of the new Music features, I'm not a fan of the big bold lettering, it's very "un-Apple" if you know what I mean. It took a while for me to find the repeat button.. I've enjoyed the experience so far so I'll leave it in play for now.

Mine is a 16GB, I'm not sure this would make a difference though.

Can you figure out how to turn shuffle on and off while playing music?

im finding apple music buggy as f*ck on my iphone 6 plus, my profile won't load sometimes so nothing will play, i'm going to downgrade

• Advertisement

Col_30 wrote: »
    Mine is a 16GB, I'm not sure this would make a difference though.

Can you figure out how to turn shuffle on and off while playing music?

It's in the same place as repeat (a stupid place). Expand the player at the bottom when in music and slide it up slightly. I've attached a picture.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Installed it on an iPod Touch, 6th gen. Will see how it goes.

It's in the same place as repeat (a stupid place). Expand the player at the bottom when in music and slide it up slightly. I've attached a picture.

Cheers thanks! Stupid place to put it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Anyone else on public beta 1 having issues with autocorrect in split keyboard view?

Devoloper beta 3 is out so hope public beta 2 is on its way over the next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

peteeeed wrote: »
    Devoloper beta 3 is out so hope public beta 2 is on its way over the next couple of days

Yeah, odd that the watch beta is showing up on my phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Installed it on Friday. 64Gb iPhone 6. Pretty stable, aside form some minor display glitches on 2 apps pretty good. I like most of the changes to the music player, but I'm finding library navigation isn't quite as good as IOS 9.

Oh and I'm still swiping right to try to unlock my phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mlo wrote: »
    Installed it on Friday. 64Gb iPhone 6. Pretty stable, aside form some minor display glitches on 2 apps pretty good. I like most of the changes to the music player, but I'm finding library navigation isn't quite as good as IOS 9.

Oh and I'm still swiping right to try to unlock my phone :)

Why don't you use fingerprint to open your phone, problem solved.

I have seen many people not use the fingerprint scan or not even know it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

I am starting to find that click home twice to open the phone is easier and swipe for camera/music or widgets is starting to seem more logical/easier than IOS9.

As a rule I don't lock my phone anyway, so no pin no fingerprint. This is mostly because the rest of the family may be using the phone. I suppose I could teach all of the relevant fingers but that seems like a lot of work.

And yes I know I'd be in trouble if I ever loose it or have the phone stolen.

• Advertisement

Public Beta 2 is out

Advertisement