Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Have it on the iPod Touch and 5s. Generally like it. Sometimes the volume indicator shows on the Touch, sometimes not. Haven't used Messages enough on the phone yet to judge either way.

ETA - also, the phone asked me to change my pass code from 4 digits to 6 for some reason. :confused:
    you can change it back to 4 in the privacy settings

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

New security feature. 4digits are easily cracked than 6digits. You'll also find that auto wipe device on ten failed passcode attempts will be turned on. All actions that have come out of the San Bernardino iPhone case.
    I was prompted to enter a 6 digit passcode on my iPhone 6 with iOS 9. Both my iphone and ipad mini 2 have 10 and neither have erase after 10 attempts enabled by default, wasn't prompted for 6 digit passcode either on the mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Has anyone installed iOS 10 and have any problems with Pokemon Go? Just asking before I try the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Zhane wrote: »
    Has anyone installed iOS 10 and have any problems with Pokemon Go? Just asking before I try the beta

Works fine on my 5s anyway with iOS 10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Ran into my first issue with iOS 10 tonight, stock message app kept crashing out. Eventually had to reset all settings. Nuisance but not the worst thing that could have happened. If it goes again i'll probably go back to 9.3.3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Ran into my first issue with iOS 10 tonight, stock message app kept crashing out. Eventually had to reset all settings. Nuisance but not the worst thing that could have happened. If it goes again i'll probably go back to 9.3.3.

Seems to be happening a lot since yesterday, i had issue this morning and nothing would fix it, so had to restore back to 9.3.3.
    6s plus dev beta 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

deep1 wrote: »

Seems to be happening a lot since yesterday, i had issue this morning and nothing would fix it, so had to restore back to 9.3.3.
    6s plus dev beta 2.
    Hi mate,

Just wondering, how did you restore back to 9.3.3?
    I have my archived backup (Windows) - just wondering how i point to that if i decide to switch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Has anyone figured out how to set an alarm which is silent? I used to have it on the old iOS, since it's updated, the particular alarm has a tone on it.

Also - no issues with Pokemon Go.

Some issues with the screen in general freezing but I don't know if that's just my phone on its way out... :(

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Hi mate,

Just wondering, how did you restore back to 9.3.3?
    I have my archived backup (Windows) - just wondering how i point to that if i decide to switch back.

First thing delete the dev or public profile and unenroll from beta from apple website.

Then place archived backup into mobilesync-> backup folder ( so it can read the backup)

Location to put backup so itunes can read it .
    \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Put phone in dfu, itunes will restore and install 9.3.3, restore from backup and sync.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Loving iOS10 so far. Looks very good.

Only issue I have is that Spotlight search is hit and miss. Not finding apps when I search.

Anyone else got this?

Apple often seem to have trouble with this, even in complete installations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Just getting ready to install the beta, anyone know if there's a watch os 3 public beta yet?

eeloe wrote: »
    Just getting ready to install the beta, anyone know if there's a watch os 3 public beta yet?

The developer latest betas came out earlier today day so the public betas should be out in the next couple of days

6s plus dev beta 2.

I have had no issues since the initial message problem, in fact the opposite seems to be true- battery life is up, phone is zippy (although slow compared to an SE) and performance overall seems to be better than 9.3.3. I'd hardly know i'm on a beta OS if i'm honest.

Loving iOS10, i have to say, the only problem i've encountered since installing tho, is my prehistoric use of m.boards.ie doesn't seem to be working, it's jittery as hell.

I have had no issues since the initial message problem, in fact the opposite seems to be true- battery life is up, phone is zippy (although slow compared to an SE) and performance overall seems to be better than 9.3.3. I'd hardly know i'm on a beta OS if i'm honest.

Is your message app issue fixed with Beta 4 ? did you loose any data?

Is your message app issue fixed with Beta 4 ? did you loose any data?

I'm still on Beta 3, unless it does it automatically? Didn't lose any data at all. And have had no problems since.

ACTUALLY- I did have one problem, and it's worth mentioning i feel; i had an app that had all my passwords and logins for various sites stored, which i had set to unlock with touch id. There was a password too but i completely forgot it, and the info self destructs after 10 failed login attempts. Something to watch out for if you do a reset.

I'm still on Beta 3, unless it does it automatically? Didn't lose any data at all. And have had no problems since.

ACTUALLY- I did have one problem, and it's worth mentioning i feel; i had an app that had all my passwords and logins for various sites stored, which i had set to unlock with touch id. There was a password too but i completely forgot it, and the info self destructs after 10 failed login attempts. Something to watch out for if you do a reset.

Ah ok, dev build is on beta 4 now, installing atm (giving it a shot again).

With the login app, i assume you mean 1password app, if this happens again, you can reset password via their website so all the details stay secure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Latest public beta should be out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Latest public beta should be out later.

Later today you think?

Ah ok, dev build is on beta 4 now, installing atm (giving it a shot again).

With the login app, i assume you mean 1password app, if this happens again, you can reset password via their website so all the details stay secure.

Nope, ipasssafe, it stores everything locally, manual backups and what not. It's unfortunate but nothing i can do now.

• Advertisement

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Later today you think?

Dev beta was released yesterday and mostly Public Beta is released day after, should be around 6PM.

crossing my fingers here that the 1st public beta of watchos 3 comes with it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

eeloe wrote: »
    crossing my fingers here that the 1st public beta of watchos 3 comes with it! :D
    there wont be. the only way that you can downgrade is to mail it in to apple.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    there wont be. the only way that you can downgrade is to mail it in to apple.

I'm not to worries about not being able to downgrade...it's stable from any of the YT videos i've seen.

Currently installing public beta 3....lets go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

1.82 GB that's some difference from beta 2.

1.82 GB that's some difference from beta 2.

456mb on my iPad and iPhone6plus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

PB3 now on my iPad Air 2 and 6S, seems all ok apart from a bit of battery drain on iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Zcott wrote: »
    PB3 now on my iPad Air 2 and 6S, seems all ok apart from a bit of battery drain on iPhone.
    In fairness, I don't know how well you can judge battery differences within an hours usage.

I personally would wait a few days to compare and judge battery differences. An hour is just not representative of possible differences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

DubDJ wrote: »
    In fairness, I don't know how well you can judge battery differences within an hours usage.

I personally would wait a few days to compare and judge battery differences. An hour is just not representative of possible differences.

True, but draining 6% in about 3 minutes of casual use is more than expected. Seems ok now though.

Advertisement