Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 10 Public Beta

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It might be doing something in the background following the upgrade. Spotlight indexing, the new photo stuff, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Not sure if I'm gone on the new keyboard sounds and anyone else have a problem with the lock sound? It's very short and sharp, it's been the same with all the betas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

guil wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm gone on the new keyboard sounds and anyone else have a problem with the lock sound? It's very short and sharp, it's been the same with all the betas.

Yeah I miss the old sound. But at least in db4/pb3 they got rid of the haptic feedback that accompanied it.

Can't say I ever noticed haptic feedback. Maybe that's the difference I'm noticing.

Probably as I'm pretty sure the sound the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just installed Beta 3 and Spotlight is working properly again so I'm happy.

Any other new features?

Yeah I miss the old sound. But at least in db4/pb3 they got rid of the haptic feedback that accompanied it.

Why can't they give a settings option as to what keyboards and lock sounds people would like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why can't they give a settings option as to what keyboards and lock sounds people would like?

Because Apple know what you want, without asking, because it's what they want, so it must be what everyone wants, even if they don't know they want it yet :P:D

I installed Watch OS 3, took me an hour to figure out how to lock the damned thing :rolleyes:

All going well though, down about 40% battery in 6 hours. Will have a good and proper tinker tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I've no idea what I did with my phone lads.. Still won't install the update, pb2 and now pb3. Different errors (generic one and i've lost connection to the internet). I've tried every solution on the internet apart from wiping and starting again, no beta is worth wiping and restoring 50GB of data. It seems my iOS 10 beta trip is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

I've no idea what I did with my phone lads.. Still won't install the update, pb2 and now pb3. Different errors (generic one and i've lost connection to the internet). I've tried every solution on the internet apart from wiping and starting again, no beta is worth wiping and restoring 50GB of data. It seems my iOS 10 beta trip is over.

Delete the profile and reinstall, should update then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Tried that. No dice. Thanks though.

On articles and videos I saw about this update they show how the "Today" notification screen shows the time and as you scroll down the clock goes back into the status bar. Looks nice.

However, on mine it has the date only and no clock. Anybody else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

On articles and videos I saw about this update they show how the "Today" notification screen shows the time and as you scroll down the clock goes back into the status bar. Looks nice.

You have to pul down to notification centre, then swipe right and you should see the Widgets - plus the Day and date should be in the upper right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Hi. Mine does not show date or time when I swipe to the right from the home screen. Also, the icons at the bottom of the home screens only shows dots now, where it had a little house type icon in the last beta for the today page.

The only way I can see the date on that page is when I access it from the lock screen or notification pane, but even in that case, the time is not shown apart from in the status bar. I think the last beta had the time that moved from the status bar to the top of the today screen and back again, but it seems to have been removed from this beta.

Hi. Mine does not show date or time when I swipe to the right from the home screen. Also, the icons at the bottom of the home screens only shows dots now, where it had a little house type icon in the last beta for the today page.

The only way I can see the date on that page is when I access it from the lock screen or notification pane, but even in that case, the time is not shown apart from in the status bar. I think the last beta had the time that moved from the status bar to the top of the today screen and back again, but it seems to have been removed from this beta.
    It's on the lock screen and notification centre when you swipe from the right. Maybe you have it disabled?

It's on the lock screen and notification centre when you swipe from the right. Maybe you have it disabled?

I had another look....

I restarted my phone and it's working like before again!

Mr Velo wrote: »
    You have to pul down to notification centre, then swipe right and you should see the Widgets - plus the Day and date should be in the upper right.

Thanks I know how to access it but shows day in full and date only. No time.

See below

IMG_4448.pngwindows 7 screen shot

It's there and works for me. But as guil said, it is only in the widget side panel on the lock screen. It's not in the pull down notification centre or widget side panel on the home screen. You also have to stop scrolling for a moment before the time goes into the menubar.

Edit: the image above is of notification centre. You need to be on the lock screen.

Mr Velo wrote: »

Day and date is what I am getting but I have seen that it should be the clock

It's there and works for me. But as guil said, it is only in the widget side panel on the lock screen. It's not in the pull down notification centre or widget side panel on the home screen. You also have to stop scrolling for a moment before the time goes into the menubar.

Edit: the image above is of notification centre. You need to be on the lock screen.

Ok I understand this now and I have it on the lock screen but that is not what I saw on a video last night. Guy pulled down notification and had the clock on screen as he scrolled down it moved back to the status bar.

• Advertisement

Ok I understand this now and I have it on the lock screen but that is not what I saw on a video last night. Guy pulled down notification and had the clock on screen as he scrolled down it moved back to the status bar.

Yeah that's how it works on the lock screen, but not in (the pull down) Notification Centre, which only shows the date and even that was only added back in the recent beta. Before that it only had widgets. It doesn't show the time there because the time is already shown in the menubar.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Anyone have any issues with Voice Control?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Quintis wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with Voice Control?

People still use voice control?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Zcott wrote: »
    People still use voice control?

That's the problem, it won't turn off, seems to be constantly enabled

Quintis wrote: »
    That's the problem, it won't turn off, seems to be constantly enabled

I thought Siri replaced VC? VC might still show up if you have Siri turned off, though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I thought Siri replaced VC? VC might still show up if you have Siri turned off, though.

correct, if Siri is turned of Voice Control is active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

When is it going on general realise lads?

MrMac84 wrote: »

No exact date yet AFAIK, but probably early to mid September if previous years are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd say end of September when the newer iPhone is expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

chrislad wrote: »

I'd say end of September when the newer iPhone is expected.

iPhone is rumoured to be released earlier than usual this year and the iOS update usually rolls out a few days after the announcement.

Could be in the next four weeks. There's only about 1 beta left which will probably be the GM seed.

Advertisement