Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange dog sitting query

• 07-07-2016 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever left their dog with a dog sitter in their home? Im thinking about leaving my little lady for a few hours with a dog sitter but it makes me really nervous. I could leave her at home but because we're heading away for a few days the following day, leaving her at home will put an extra 5 hours drive on us. I'm hoping some of you may have used someone you'd recommend in Dublin but also happy to hear people saying I should be nervous and it's not worth the risk. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Sorry op, I'm not clear on whether you're looking for someone to come into your home to mind your pooch, or whether you're thinking of leaving her with someone?
    If the latter, I know one lady in Swords and one lady in Dunshaughlin who take in "lodgers" one at a time, as in, it's just your dog, their dog, and them :)
    Or, there's the wonderful Beabeg Home Boarding on the Dublin side of Drogheda, where there would be a gang of other dogs staying too, but all in the house and living a pet dog life :)
    Depends really on what your own pooch would prefer, if you want numbers for those two ladies, drop me a pm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The OP is not in Dublin but has some business there and is then heading on elsewhere and bringing the dog with them. Looking for someone to mind the dog in Dublin while she does her business to save having to return home to collect the dog before going on, on her holliers. I think :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

OP, if you are planning on leaving your dog with a sitter, I would suggest you take the dog to the sitters house to meet them. You will get 'vibes' from the person you have chosen. The dog will get 'vibes' from the sitter and the house.
    Go with your gut. When we were in UK last year for 6 weeks, we had to bring our youngest dog with us as he was recovering from cruciate replacement. We had to go to France for a few days, and I had to bring the (stressy/anxious) dog to a sitter I had never met before :eek: Met the woman beforehand, wasnt very impressed with her, but she had a houseful of incredible well-loved rescues, my dog was fussed over (I was ignored - which was as it should be!) and she kept my dog for a couple of hours. When we collected him, he was in great form! As I say, go with your gut, check a couple people out, I would really recommend leaving the dog there for a visit before the event if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Angel2016

I left my dog with a dog sitter in her own home for 3 nights while we were at weddings she was grand not a bother on her there was other dogs there which she was not pushed about as she is old its over at Santry so right near the airport whoc was great for us as the weddings were out that way we had 2 weddings in one week so could not leave her at home.
    There was no problem but we did bring her over to meet the girl who I already knew because we are both in animal rescue and she was fine I gave her over cooked chicken and rice plus her regular food and it was like a home from home, there is also a great kennels in Saggart who I would recommend I dont know if you can give names on here so wont post it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

It sounds more like doggy day care that you are looking for. There are a few of them around Dublin, what area in particular would you be in, maybe people could make recommendations.

Another possiblity, would be if your dogs needs grooming, drop her in on your way, pick her up when you're done, it usually takes a few hours for a grooming appointment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement