Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location and airport help

Options
  • 07-07-2016 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I need to get to the following church from Dublin on Tuesday morning -

Church of St. Edmund of Canterbury, The Presbytery, 20 Village Way, Beckenham BR3 3NP

Can anyone tell me what airport I should fly into ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mickof

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Geographically, Gatwick is closest, fly there, train to Croyden I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

The nearest airport to that church is London City Airport but you could fly into Gatwick and take the train to the nearest station to it and get a taxi.

Look around on travel options between each airport at the same time and pick one that suits you the best.

Would you know is it far from Croydon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Dublin -> Fly -> Gatwick -> Train -> East Croydon -> Tram -> Beckenham Junction -> 10 minute walk to church if you want to avoid taxis.

Getting a taxi from Croydon to the church would shave about 15 minutes off the journey.

• Advertisement

Any idea roughly how much taxi from east Croydon to church ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Not really, I rarely get taxis. It's only a 15 minute journey so I can't imagine it'd be a lot. Feel free to find a East Croyden based taxi company on google and get a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Fly to Gatwick and then get the train. Then get a cab.

Download uber its a mini cab company who are cheap and have loads of cars around.

Ive just looked t up from Croydon to the church is £9 to £12. I have a code for £10 off your first ride if you want it which is kak6t

Thanks for that. Booked flights to gatwick and then I'll get train to east Croydon and taxi for the remainder. I just wasn't sure of distances as I've never been to the area. £10 or so for a taxi from east Croydon to church is grand. Thanks again

Advertisement