Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get Glyercin for Giant bubbles?

Options
  • 07-07-2016 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry didn't see a bubbles forum, want to make giant bubbles for the kids but don't know where I can get Glyercin or what type to get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Sorry didn't see a bubbles forum, want to make giant bubbles for the kids but don't know where I can get Glyercin or what type to get?

You can get glycerine in your local chemist in Ireland. I don't know how much you need but it comes in a small enough bottle, but the chemist can order a bigger bottle for you.

I needed glycerine to make snowglobes with about 25 children so I needed two of the larger bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks, Presume the snow globes weren't edible?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I feel like I've seen it in the baking aisle before. Maybe Dr. Oetker?

Just checked, and yep, Dr. Oetker stuff should be available in tesco. Small bottle alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Chemist or health food shops.

The baking one is small as you typically only use small amounts for icing. Chemist will have 100ml+ bottles. Think its mainly used as a laxative. Many chemists will only have small bottles on shelves and bigger ones out the back might be just a bit more.

I was in dealz yesterday and they have loads of bubble related stuff. Could be cheaper than making your own.

you can see a few here, 1L bottles of the liquid for 1.50

http://www.dealz.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=bubbles

homebrew shops can have it too
    http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/glycerol-114ml-p-1368.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Stuff off the shelves it a bit crap for giant bubbles, it's fine for little ones. These are a couple of meters long bubbles I'm making, kids love running after them as they travel pretty far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

How do you make the bubbles - have you a tried and tested recipe, as I was looking before and a lot of them are using soap flakes etc and looking for something straight forward

Advertisement