Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Attacks ! Glasnevin Area..

Options
  • 07-07-2016 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭

Folks.. just went out to the car and found a load of what looked like a load of some sort of weird flying ant things on it.. anyway on the way down to the shops and in particular on the way back driving into the sun I noticed there was a mini plague of them literally **** loads of them bouncing off the car for the whole 5 minutes all the way back to girlfriends place. Skinny but long little F ckers with bigish wings... never saw them before ever... anyone see these tonight or know what species and why there is so many etc ? It's that bad the other half has closed all the windows and it's stifling in here !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

They're flying ants. Once a year, during the summer on a good day like today they all come out to get jiggy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They're early.

Last year's thread: 7th August.
    The previous year's: 18th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mortimer33

BeerNut wrote: »
    They're early.

Last year's thread: 7th August.
    The previous year's: 18th July.

The Ants must be expecting a bad summer this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,270 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! it's flying ants day...

I, for one, are unhappy with the total lack of early warning here...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I, for one, are unhappy with the total lack of early warning here.
    There was an ad in the paper, but it was very very small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

I, for one, welcome our new flying ant overlords :D

Advertisement