Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

the official word they seemed to use is 'halted production' - that to me could be also read as 'suspended'

halted = stopped

suspended = paused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/samsung-exploding-note-7/

interesting piece. i would easily buy an updated galaxy note 4 in an instant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

lafors wrote: »
    How do you send it back?
    kevin2me wrote: »
    Sweet, I ahve 50e LED case to get back to them.
    Did you send him the items back or just contacted them?

How did he contact you, you have a number or is this some web chat thingy with Amazon uk?

Thanks a mil as all I can find is the returns pages and no links to talk to any one.

You dont need to return the items. They should refund you without question due to the nature of the issue. They also refunded my shipping without question.

Heres a link to amazon.co.uk's 'contact us' section which is hidden under a **** tonne of sub headings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ie=UTF8&nodeId=471044&ref_=hp_gt_comp_cu&

Just pick your order and click chat at the bottom and Viola!

thomasj wrote: »
    https://www.wired.com/2016/10/samsung-exploding-note-7/

interesting piece. i would easily buy an updated galaxy note 4 in an instant

Yeah, I read that. Can't really say I agree with it. It's just some opportunistic writer spouting their attitude under the guise of 'safety' or 'caring for the environment'. The article even uses the G5 as a good example of a replaceable battery. It really isn't.

My last phone with a replaceable battery was the Note 2, but very rarely did I even use the spare. Mainly because the battery life was good anyway, and I often forgot to not only charge the phone, but also the spare. Let's not forget that back then, Samsung phones were creaky and plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I dont like metal backs on phones, rather opt for a plastic backed phone. - the metal back is supposed to be premium , but never have personally liked the feel, the coldness, grip, and the way it can dent.

Removable covers whilst great = making the phone not waterproof/water resistant doesnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

Patww79 wrote:

I agree the save the planet had me picturing that he climes trees to save them etc

Never the less the rest he says makes sense. Look at the recalls etc. Apple are investigating exploding iPhone 7s as well.

What had me chuckle was that the latest galaxy note we currently have in europe is the note 4 with its replaceable battery . We never got the 5 , there was no 6 and the 7 has been pulled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

nursewally wrote: »
    You dont need to return the items. They should refund you without question due to the nature of the issue. They also refunded my shipping without question.

Heres a link to amazon.co.uk's 'contact us' section which is hidden under a **** tonne of sub headings.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us?ie=UTF8&nodeId=471044&ref_=hp_gt_comp_cu&

That's not what they're saying to me, they want the items returned too.

That's not what they're saying to me, they want the items returned too.

I got talking to a lad called ManiKanDan. He didnt expect me to return mine. Tell them to give you an address and refund the price it will cost you to return it and you will gladly return it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

I got talking to a lad called ManiKanDan. He didnt expect me to return mine. Tell them to give you an address and refund the price it will cost you to return it and you will gladly return it

I did, and they will refund the return shipping.
    It's not a problem really just an annoyance for having to package it up again and drop it off to be sent.

• Advertisement

I did, and they will refund the return shipping.
    It's not a problem really just an annoyance for having to package it up again and drop it off to be sent.

I got mine refunded without the need to post it back, and I am getting my SKinomi screen protector replaced for whatever phone I choose next as per Skinomi rep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Thanks for taking the time, great, ye id never seen chat on amazon before, works well, but had find order and fill in few fields then got chat option.

He making me wait until goods are received on their side but they will refund postage and item cost. Hopefully sorted in a few days.

Thanks, now to go get S7 Edge, anyone seen 64GB versions in ireland, they all seem 32GB, 64GB on Note 7 was great as no longer worrying about OS running out resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Got call from Vodafone just there. They gave me an option to get refund or keep S7 Edge and they will give me the difference (100 euro) plus 100 euro compensation from them. SD card is still being shipped. Not exactly delighted but suppose will just take it. I know a few months down the line I will want S8 or Note 8 but I suppose I can worry about it then. Glad the affair is nearly over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

jacksie66 wrote: »
    As far as I know Samsung has decided to kill off the Note brand altogether. I suppose it's been damaged beyond repair..

Roll on the Samsung Scribe.

I've had the Note 3 and, for now, the 7. They're excellent phones. Whatever about the brand, there's no need whatsoever to kill off the concept.

Think it was the computer manufacturer Compaq years ago had exploding and catching fires on their Laptop fires, think it was Compaq Armada laptops - had a huge worldwide recall, similar situation lost them megabucks - people did still buy Compaq computers after that life can and does go on, Samsung's reputation may be damaged at the moment (with people being wary not of just the Note 7 but when they hear the name Samsung now automatically the exploding batterys and Note's 7 catching fire will no doubt spring to mind) but I think they will survive, its highly unfortunate though that the recalls were sorted out and then the replacements went exactly the same way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

As far as I know Samsung has decided to kill off the Note brand altogether.

Source? And your imagination doesn't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Source? And your imagination doesn't count.

I don't think there would be any official confirmation of that for a good while. Makes sense though that the Note brand doesn't come back from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

As far as I know Samsung has decided to kill off the Note brand altogether. I suppose it's been damaged beyond repair..

I hope not. I have the Note 4 & it has been my favourite phone so far.

I dunno. I don't think that note fans would be put off buying another note. Personally, I'd still buy it if they released it again with the exact same name.

People aren't stupid, they will know if it's just re-branded to another name.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Basil3 wrote: »
    I dunno. I don't think that note fans would be put off buying another note. Personally, I'd still buy it if they released it again with the exact same name.

People aren't stupid, they will know if it's just re-branded to another name.

This phone was all about appealing to new customers, to try and gain the iPhone lot. People who are already bought into the brand and Note aren't really marketings priority. Given how companies operate in these circumstances can you honestly see them not wishing to distance themselves from the name.

Also, I'm glad you've such confidence in people. Looking at Brexit and Trump shows me that you should never underestimate stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

markad1 wrote: »
    I've emailed mobilefun requesting a refund for the LED and clear cases I purchased from them. I'll report back if I get anywhere.

Mobilefun are refunding upon return of the cases.
    No problems at all.
    More than I can say for that shower of wasters three

Realistically If Samsung had announced pen support with the S7 edge I probably would have bought one instead of pre ordering the Pixel XL.

I understand that it would have full compatibility but it should have most of the functions. with the exception of not being slotted back into the phone. but a case could sort that one out. then a click of the button to bring up the menu.

They merged AOD, why not the pen!?

Patww79 wrote: »

Ah jaysus I didnt realise that! media outlets were making it out that they had merged all of the goodness from the S7 Note app to the S7 and S7edge app

to use the S-Pen dont you need a special kind of screen technology (capacitive is it or something?) - only you cant use an S-Pen on a S7 could you? - or could you?, would it work (IE register/draw on screen) or can you just use the S7 with your finger?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

So after some leaked screenshots and with the news that Samsung were going to re-release the Note 7 in the future, it looks like the Note 7 is going to reappear in some form. I have to say I would be interested in buying depending on the price of course. The battery has been downgraded and will be subject to strict testing so that should stop the fires. The processor has also been mooted for a downgrade which might be an issue performance wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Any link to that? I assumed they would just wait until August to unveil the new Note 8.

I'm 8 months out of contract having missed the Note 7 upgrade, so will probably just wait until Note 8 time at this stage

Grassey wrote: »
    Any link to that? I assumed they would just wait until August to unveil the new Note 8.

I'm 8 months out of contract having missed the Note 7 upgrade, so will probably just wait until Note 8 time at this stage

Just Google 'Galaxy Note 7 Refurb'. There are multiple articles on it. It's not gonna be a flagship phone but a way of trying to recoup the cost of the recall.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I think it's only for emerging markets.

I have seen that in articles but what denotes a market as emerging?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

statto25 wrote: »
    I have seen that in articles but what denotes a market as emerging?

Usually parts of Asia/Africa in my experience

Advertisement