Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Sanymc

I'm seriously disappointed with 3 at this stage. I've sent my phone back to them, never got confirmation that they got it (apart from the an post website where I found a pdf to say it was signed for). No phone calls from them even though web help said I would as did the 3 support line when I called them.

Same thing happened to me .
    I checked my account via web page and my account was reversed as it was before. I rang them all week long and got nowhere. Then one day everyth8ng was back to normal . When i ranh them to ask when ill recieve replacement so i can go ahead with upgrade they told me they dont know will they even will stock note 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

Its gone beyond a joke at this stage! 14 days since release and not one person in the country knows where we stand!?

Should samsung not have an idea of how long it will take to create and ship a whole new batch of phones? From that go with how many they need to replace and then give people a date to know when it will officially relaunch!

Its so frustrating as Ive waited so long to finally be out of contract and be changing my phone around the time the new note was being released so I could get one and now this **** happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Sanymc

Just so all of you are aware this morning i had recieved my bill. Witch still included Note 7 and my new flex max tarif witch came to 402.83 even tho phone has shipped away more than week and half agoo and after chasing it for 3 days my account was rolled back to what it was so i was on flexi mini witch was 33.00 a month plus they told me they will credit my account for 5 e for postage of the phone. I rang them . I was on hold for 30 minutes. To be told my now bill is 68 i was asking why is it 68 should be around 30 and guy said ur now on flexi max contract. I used it for 2 days while i had that phone !!! No 5 e credit was put on my account for postge .i was told he cant change account in middle of the month . So ill just gonna caught up the price they have decided. Leaving three !!!!

Sanymc wrote: »
    Just so all of you are aware this morning i had recieved my bill. Witch still included Note 7 and my new flex max tarif witch came to 402.83 even tho phone has shipped away more than week and half agoo and after chasing it for 3 days my account was rolled back to what it was so i was on flexi mini witch was 33.00 a month plus they told me they will credit my account for 5 e for postage of the phone. I rang them . I was on hold for 30 minutes. To be told my now bill is 68 i was asking why is it 68 should be around 30 and guy said ur now on flexi max contract. I used it for 2 days while i had that phone !!! No 5 e credit was put on my account for postge .i was told he cant change account in middle of the month . So ill just gonna caught up the price they have decided. Leaving three !!!!

Thats a disgrace man. Three are horrible!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Three have said that replacements will go out or arrive on September 19th. This is the same as what Samsung have been saying so best thing we can do is wait until the 19th.

Make sense since people in the UK have started getting replacements already and dates for new replacements. Ireland wouldn't need as many units to deal with the replacements so hopefully they get it all sorted soon.

My other half has said I can have her upgrade (gave her mine last year), so think I'll let the dust settle on this disaster then pick one up.

Only thing putting me off is the glass and how easily it seems to scratch. Samsung are always a generation or two ahead of my HTC's with gorilla glass, and they seem to scratch much more easily. I don't think I could live with a screen protector again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Thor wrote: »
    Three have said that replacements will go out or arrive on September 19th. This is the same as what Samsung have been saying so best thing we can do is wait until the 19th.

Make sense since people in the UK have started getting replacements already and dates for new replacements. Ireland wouldn't need as many units to deal with the replacements so hopefully they get it all sorted soon.

As recently as 40 minutes ago, i was told by a 3 phone jockey that it would be refund, not replacement.

i'm not saying it is or is not. Some people might even have refund forced upon them while others get a replacement.

But 1 business day short of this program starting, 3 still don't seem to have a coherent idea of what is going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

AFAIK they've been focusing on shatter resistance, while sacrificing scratch resistance for the last couple of iterations.

Promising that yours is still perfect. My S6 Edge+ has some visible scratches on the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

ChopShop wrote: »
    As recently as 40 minutes ago, i was told by a 3 phone jockey that it would be refund, not replacement.

i'm not saying it is or is not. Some people might even have refund forced upon them while others get a replacement.

But 1 business day short of this program starting, 3 still don't seem to have a coherent idea of what is going on.

I just posted about this in Three forum:
    Hingo wrote: »
    mooneyd wrote: »
    I got a PM from the reps to call them (or a contact number for Three in Dublin anyway), was told that until they have the phone sorted out they can't sort out anything for the headset. (I'm waiting on both)
    When I asked when that will be, they said to call back next week as they won't know from Samsung for another few days
    I'd be a little cautious on this one. 
    I spoke to the number and they were set on trying to cancel my order. But this would mean that I would loose out on my pre-order status and the VR headset. 
    FYI I just rang the 4866495 number (again) that the reps gave before, as I got my bill expecting to see the new contract on it but in fact had no new tariff.. 

After being transferred a few times between that team and customer service, the upgrades team then told me the order number I had did not exist, and there's nothing on my account.... Which is a bit confusing as I was told by another agent last week it was just a matter of waiting for the stock to come back in and the same pre-order would be fulfilled as a priority - so as far as I was concerned I wasn't cancelling my order for that very reason .. 

Apparently this guy said that it seems ALL the note 7 orders were cancelled, even if (like me) you didn't ask it to be cancelled... 

So now  I'm left with No Headset AND No Phone, so was there any benefit to my pre-order?

Great bunch of lads :D

• Advertisement

I just posted about this in Three forum:

Great bunch of lads :D

I'd be bringing in copies of your emails and explaining that they have broken their terms and conditions, and tell them your bringing them to court.

Get the skids up them :)

nursewally wrote: »
    I'd be bringing in copies of your emails and explaining that they have broken their terms and conditions, and tell them your bringing them to court.

Get the skids up them :)

Unfortunately when the contract is ab initio'd because they couldn't fulfill the order, they're actually in the right...

Conversations had being told one thing from another was over the phone, even if I got the recordings would be useless.

They did say they might be able to do something on Monday when the replacements come in, but i won't hold my breath....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Any updates today?

Samsung posted this update on their website...
    http://www.samsung.com/ie/note7exchange/

I wish I'd held on to mine and just not used it, at least I'd have something to force an exchange. I've nothing now as I sent it back in.

lafors wrote: »
    Any updates today?

Samsung posted this update on their website...
    http://www.samsung.com/ie/note7exchange/

I wish I'd held on to mine and just not used it, at least I'd have something to force an exchange. I've nothing now as I sent it back in.

I seen this alright this morning. ah this fiasco could not be over soon enough!!! I really wish they would dispatch the replacements so I can order mine again!

Just seen this on the way into work this morning, another round of Pre-Orders?

https://twitter.com/samsungireland/status/777792439293767680

Just seen this on the way into work this morning, another round of Pre-Orders?

https://twitter.com/samsungireland/status/777792439293767680

Thats for the S7 Edge. They must be pawning off all the extra VR headsets they have when they should be saving them and giving them free of charge to all us people waiting on the long finger for replacements/ the phone to become available again!

Only spotted that now, assumed was the Note given all the trouble.

*sighs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Took an SAS flight yesterday and they made a special announcement that anyone with a Note 7 must power it off and cannot charge from a power bank for the duration of the flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Arbie wrote: »
    Took an SAS flight yesterday and they made a special announcement that anyone with a Note 7 must power it off and cannot charge from a power bank for the duration of the flight.

Yeah I flew with lufthansa a few times last week and they all said that note 7 should not be powered on or charged in flight.

• Advertisement

lafors wrote: »
    Yeah I flew with lufthansa a few times last week and they all said that note 7 should not be powered on or charged in flight.

The infamy of this phone is amazing! Literally everyone is worried about 92 cases of the 2 million or so (estimate) sold phones around the world.

Lets look at it this way, there is a one in 1.2 millon chance you will be killed in a plane, and there are approx 102,000 flights per day. the amount of people on each plane increases the odds. And people are worried about a chance of about 1.9% that one of the two million phones will be on board one of the 102,000 flights a day!

So according to reports, for those of you waiting (like myself) to purchase the Note 7 again that haven't pre ordered, D day is Oct 21st :(

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/09/19/galaxy-note-7-relaunch-october-21/

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

This Note 7 replacement with 3 is a complete joke. They haven't a clue what they are at

markad1 wrote: »
    This Note 7 replacement with 3 is a complete joke. They haven't a clue what they are at

Fill us in?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

markad1 wrote: »

I'd say a worldwide recall of a couple of million units and all that entails is not exactly in their Procedures Manual.

pfurey101 wrote: »
    I'd say a worldwide recall of a couple of million units and all that entails is not exactly in their Procedures Manual.

Yeah but sure there was only about 500 sold and shipped in Ireland before the recall. Thats between CPW, Vodaphone and Three.

So lets say thats about 300 phones for Three. That nothing really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

nursewally wrote: »
    Yeah but sure there was only about 500 sold and shipped in Ireland before the recall. Thats between CPW, Vodaphone and Three.

So lets say thats about 300 phones for Three. That nothing really!

It's a worldwide recall, the numbers you quote for Ireland is irrelevant.

At least this recall has given me time to calm down my uncontrollable urge to get the next shiny thing.

In the last 18 months I've purchased M9, S6 Edge+ and HTC 10. I was about to pull the trigger on the Note 7. Maybe I won't feel that way in a month's time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

It's a worldwide recall, the numbers you quote for Ireland is irrelevant.

I think he means based on Three needing only a couple of hundred devices then there is no reason for there to be a delay.

UK have already sent out 1000s of replacements. Ultimately Samsung could have sorted out Ireland completely with ease.

Three have the devices but are taking their sweet ass time sorting out getting replacements out. No idea why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Just Three? Or has anyone got a replacement yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I have still received NO communication from Vodafone.
    My latest update means my phone can only charge up to 60% so its a real pain.
    Vodafone - where are you, hello! any updates for us on when phones will be picked up and replaced?

I think he means based on Three needing only a couple of hundred devices then there is no reason for there to be a delay

This was and still is exactly my point! Same stands for Vodafone.

banjobongo wrote: »
    I have still received NO communication from Vodafone.
    Vodafone - where are you, hello! any updates for us on when phones will be picked up and replaced?

I heard Vodafone were at least giving loan devices without issue in the meantime. Three will give out a loan devices but you have to beg, borrow and steel just to get it from them.

I gave my note 7 back 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten one.

I heard Vodafone were at least giving loan devices without issue in the meantime. Three will give out a loan devices but you have to beg, borrow and steel just to get it from them.

I gave my note 7 back 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten one.

I had my order with Clove but then cancelled it as they pushed back the delivery date (Pre Explodyphones)

Then preordered with Vodafone and they cancelled the preorder citing 'Due to criteria limitations'.

So at the moment im still up in the air and it will be end of October before I get anything!

In the meantime im stuck with my fathers dodgy Iphone 5S as I sold him my Nexus 6P. Sick!

I wonder how that update will work on replaced phones? Or can they deploy updates to specific IMEI models affected by the battery issue?
    Last thing we need is to be stuck with restricted functionality on the replaced model until the recall is completely turned around....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

so I called Vodafone again today and it seems my phone will be collected next Monday, no idea if:

A/I will get a temporary replacement phone while I wait for the new Note 7;
    B/how long I will be waiting for.

Very poor customer service nad product knowledge from Vodafone Ireland.
    But I dont really have a choice, cant hang onto a phone that only charges up to 60%

Three have just confirmed they've received replacement today
    Hi all, good news! We have received replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices.

Please note, the current stock volume is only for the exchange process and not for general sale.

You will be contacted by phone in the coming days by our dedicated team.

Hopefully VF will follow suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Interesting approach to identifying whether the phone is "good" :
    Samsung is rolling out an update to all Note 7s, pre- and post-recall, separating the haves from the have-nots.

For new devices, the battery icon is green after the update. If the battery icon is white after the update, information on the safety recall will be provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

so I called Vodafone again today and it seems my phone will be collected next Monday, no idea if:

A/I will get a temporary replacement phone while I wait for the new Note 7;
    B/how long I will be waiting for.

Very poor customer service nad product knowledge from Vodafone Ireland.
    But I dont really have a choice, cant hang onto a phone that only charges up to 60%

just a thought, and I know how frustrating it must be, but why not hang onto it and carry around 1 or 2 power banks and tell them you will hand this back in when they send you out a replacement note 7 that charges over 60% and doesnt explode?

So it will be early November before Europe sees stock refilled for customers who haven't received a replacement. That's a ****ing disgrace in fairness.

I'm mad to get a note 7 but this is making me think it might be better to look elsewhere...

• Advertisement

I was considering picking one up but it would only have been a incremental update from my S6 Edge+ (which I rate higher than the S7 Edge I have for work) so hadn't pulled the trigger on the idea. But by the time this all gets sorted, a Note 8 will be on the horizon so may just wait and see what that brings.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I was considering picking one up but it would only have been a incremental update from my S6 Edge+ (which I rate higher than the S7 Edge I have for work) so hadn't pulled the trigger on the idea. But by the time this all gets sorted, a Note 8 will be on the horizon so may just wait and see what that brings.

I'm in the same boat. My Mrs is using the S6 Edge+ atm, and I'm on the HTC 10. Note 5 is what I really wanted, but had to settle for the Edge+.

I think it's more than an incremental update, though. Much nicer in the hand, S-Pen, bigger battery, 64gb with external SD and waterproofing all make it well worth the upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

For anyone with the 60% limit firmware that is waiting on a replacement, found the following on another forum

There is a setting hidden in advanced for the battery to allow you to charge to 80%:
    Settings > Device maintenance > Battery > Advanced settings > Limit maximum charge to 60% <on/off>

Still get the warning messages but 80% is more manageable while you are waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Was looking forward to getting the note 7 but ever since the recall I've been left thinking I should get an iPhone 7 plus. When are these phones going to be back in stock? There is no information on any local phone network websites.

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    Was looking forward to getting the note 7 but ever since the recall I've been left thinking I should get an iPhone 7 plus. When are these phones going to be back in stock? There is no information on any local phone network websites.

I was in a Vodafone store earlier, and enquired while I was there. The guy working there said mid October, but who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

The General consensus is around October 21st,should see New Sale stock come in.But that's just from various sites,nothing confirmed yet.

Read throughout the net that 21st of October is the earlier that new purchases can be made in Europe.

So earliest will be late October.

More than likely early/mid November

I wouldn't consider the iPhone 7 comparable myself. Completely different environment. An S7 Edge would probably be the closest Android "name brand" substitute

• Registered Users Posts: 2 edfitzphotos

Problems with charging and overheating are occurring with the replacement s7 handsets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Advertisement