Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD simple electives

Options
  • 07-07-2016 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So I've heard of a few electives that are easy, such as food diet and health, massage therapy and the choir module. I am wondering if people could add to that list based on personal experience? I've started to think about what electives I will choose for 2nd year as the ones I took in first year were a bit of work.

I want to add that I am looking for easy electives because my course is demanding and I don't have a lot of time to put into other modules. Plus I would like to bring my GPA up as much as possible. I know it defeats the purpose of electives but hey, I'm a college student.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Your choice of electives will depend on your academic ability and the area(s) in which you do well. Timetabling and the availability of places will also impact your choice. If possible, speak to people in the years ahead of you and get their advice, and maybe academic advice. I've seen so many students be impacted negatively through ill-informed and poor choice of electives.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ChromosomeT

cognitive science (COMP20090) is interesting and relatively simple to at least achieve a B grade with only a little bit more work needed for the A grade. The exam is straight forward 60%, where you write 3 essays out of 6 (if you do an essay for each of the year before's exact title's then you're 100% covered for the exam!). The mid term is a 40% short answer paper.

any beginner languages you might be interested in are also very easy to achieve at least a B grade in!

biology for the modern world is essentially LC biology, so if you've experience in that then you should get an A.

Advertisement