Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow broadband, even slower tech support.

Options
  • 07-07-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭

Hi,
         My broadband has been running both on WIFI and wired at 24mbps with pretty much no issues since I joined on 4th April.
         Today I found my WIFI running at under 3mbps and even though I was getting 21mbps wired it was very unstable.
    I called tech support and after 33mins on hold still could not get put through to a Fibre agent. While talking to the guy on the phone I ran one more wireless speedtest and the speed was back up to 23mbps, we decided to let it go for the night, as it as 23.00, and if I had any further issues to call again.
         The minute I hung up I ran another test only for the speed to be back down at 3mbps.
    I cannot spend lengthy periods on the phone to get this sorted nor can I go the weekend with poor speeds like that. Is there any chance this can be looked into for me?
    Kind Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

killwill wrote: »
    Hi,
         My broadband has been running both on WIFI and wired at 24mbps with pretty much no issues since I joined on 4th April.
         Today I found my WIFI running at under 3mbps and even though I was getting 21mbps wired it was very unstable.
    I called tech support and after 33mins on hold still could not get put through to a Fibre agent. While talking to the guy on the phone I ran one more wireless speedtest and the speed was back up to 23mbps, we decided to let it go for the night, as it as 23.00, and if I had any further issues to call again.
         The minute I hung up I ran another test only for the speed to be back down at 3mbps.
    I cannot spend lengthy periods on the phone to get this sorted nor can I go the weekend with poor speeds like that. Is there any chance this can be looked into for me?
    Kind Regards.
    must be an eircom issue,i have had 85mbs all along and now 20mbs since last night!i am with sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,
    Kind Regards.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]killwill,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There was an outage last night that has affected customer’s service. This should now be resolved and customer’s service restored. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you try rebooting the modem? Let me know how that goes.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]There was an outage last night that has affected customer’s service. This should now be resolved and customer’s service restored. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you try rebooting the modem? Let me know how that goes.[/font]

Ya all is back in action again.
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Ya all is back in action again.
    Thank you
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]killwill,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]That's great to hear! :D [/font]

Advertisement