Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop - some keys not working on keyboard

Options
  • 07-07-2016 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭

I have an Asus laptop and some of the keys have stopped working.
    I've uninstalled the keyboard drivers and that didn't work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Does the keyboard work in safe mode? If not, is probably a physical problem.

Have you or someone else spilled anything on the keyboard.....fizzy drinks etc? Or have you been eating over the laptop? Normally, if keys aren't working it's due to liquid damage. Sugary drinks spilled on the keyboard dry up and get sticky and can mess up keys.

I've seen food....seeds from breads, bits of crisps and so on get stuck under keys and jam them. Turn the laptop upside down and shake it gently. Probably get loads of skin particles and hair falling out so do it somewhere you can clean easily.

If it's liquid damage, it's hard to fix it without replacing the keyboard. Most of them can be replaced in about 10 minutes.

Advertisement