Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 TdF, Stage 7: L'Isle-Jourdain → Lac de Payolle (163km)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I feel sorry for Thibaut Pinot :(

Me too. Always liked him but it just doesn't look like he's going to be the next big French thing everyone thought he'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Orica protested the Adam Yates time, and rightly so, and as such he's back in the White Jersey, as you can now see in the classifications here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

The highlights on tg4 were rubbish. Showed nothing of the flame rouge incident.

If Yates got his time amended why didn't Dan get the same? The comments suggested they were together at that point.

GetWithIt wrote: »
    The highlights on tg4 were rubbish. Showed nothing of the flame rouge incident.

If Yates got his time amended why didn't Dan get the same? The comments suggested they were together at that point.

Yates was apparently 7secs ahead of the GC group when he hit the 1km kite and ended up being recorded as having lost over 3 minutes. Dan's time wasn't impacted by an error like that as far as I am aware, though I do believe Yates and Martin were together at that point....

Nibali's form is shocking, outclimbed on the Col D'Aspin by Cummings he awful if you are Nibali.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Inquitus wrote: »
    Yates was apparently 7secs ahead of the GC group when he hit the 1km kite and ended up being recorded as having lost over 3 minutes. Dan's time wasn't impacted by an error like that as far as I am aware.
    But was Dan not with Yates? If so, then his time was impacted. If not, fair enough.

GetWithIt wrote: »
    But was Dan not with Yates? If so, then his time was impacted

Yates was recorded as having lost 3mins41secs on the GC group initially, Dan may have been done out of 7 secs as he was with Yates at the time and got the GC Group time not the Yates time in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Wile E. Coyote would have been delighted with this trap ....

On a serious note, it's lucky that nobody was seriously injured. If that had happened during a flat stage...

Advertisement