Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Concert Hall and overnight family stay

Options
  • 08-07-2016 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I want to take the wife and ten year old son to the national concert hall on Friday, August 5. Arriving into Bus Aras. Hotels around the NCH are pricey! Just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for a not-so-pricey overnight stay for the three of us, within walking distance of the NCH.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

A quick look on Air BNB brought up five results. You might find one suitable? Worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Harcourt Hotel looks your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Harcourt Hotel looks your best bet.

For the love of Christ, DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Friday night, staying in the same building / hotel as Coppers? and for a family stay with a young child?!
    Fine if you don't care for sleeping and seeing all sorts of shenanigans.
    You'll scare them so much they'll never return to Dublin!

Harcourt Hotel is not in the same building as Coppers! It's across the road and further up towards the Luas stop. Relatives from Australia stayed there a few years ago and found it fine. The street will be busy but ask for a room out the back of the hotel and you should be fine.

Only place under €200 I could find. Where's your suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Harcourt Hotel is not in the same building as Coppers! It's across the road and further up towards the Luas stop. Relatives from Australia stayed there a few years ago and found it fine. The street will be busy but ask for a room out the back of the hotel and you should be fine.

Only place under €200 I could find. Where's your suggestion?

ok, but I'd personally still give Harcourt St a miss on a Friday night.

The 4* Mespil Hotel has a B&B rate for 169 (cheaper if room only) that night for a family room... and it's only a 13 min walk away according to google maps.
    Lovely part of town near the canal also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

https://www.tcd.ie/summeraccommodation/rooms/
    Scroll down to the apartment section.
    I'd say the facilities are functional rather than comfortable though.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    ok, but I'd personally still give Harcourt St a miss on a Friday night.

The 4* Mespil Hotel has a B&B rate for 169 (cheaper if room only) that night for a family room... and it's only a 13 min walk away according to google maps.
    Lovely part of town near the canal also.

Mespil didn't show up for me, yeah i'd recommend that rather than the Harcourt for a family on a Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Thanks for the replies. The Mespil looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Camden Court hotel?

Advertisement