Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sport (contract change)

Options
  • 08-07-2016 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

I don't want eir sport. Don't want it, don't need it. Today I receive a letter talking about a 7€ price increase for my bundle and how eir sport is now part of that bundle.

Just to reiterate once more, I don't want 'eir sport' and I take exception to being added to my bundle without my permission and being charged for it?! 

If Eir decides to buy Setanta or whatever, that's on them. That's their investment and it's absolutely disgusting to expect a customer who has no interest in it to cover the cost of that investment.

KuArDhN.png

This image is on your website! This is a blatant lie! It's not free at all, it's 7€!

I am NOT happy about this. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Have to agree with this. Either it is free or it's not. Also, can you increase the price of a service which is in contract, while that contract is still in service. Sounds very suspect to me legally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Liamario wrote: »
    I don't want eir sport. Don't want it, don't need it. Today I receive a letter talking about a 7€ price increase for my bundle and how eir sport is now part of that bundle.

Just to reiterate once more, I don't want 'eir sport' and I take exception to being added to my bundle without my permission and being charged for it?! 

If Eir decides to buy Setanta or whatever, that's on them. That's their investment and it's absolutely disgusting to expect a customer who has no interest in it to cover the cost of that investment.

KuArDhN.png

This image is on your website! This is a blatant lie! It's not free at all, it's 7€!

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Liamario,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way, I completely understand that this may be frustrating and I do apologise. However, I can confirm that eir Sports is free to any broadband customer that may wish to use this service and the price increase is not in relation to these channels.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you give the number that appears on your letter a call they should be able to advise you on everything involved with the price increase and explore your options with you.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

KuArDhN.png

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way, I completely understand that this may be frustrating and I do apologise. However, I can confirm that eir Sports is free to any broadband customer that may wish to use this service and the price increase is not in relation to these channels.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you give the number that appears on your letter a call they should be able to advise you on everything involved with the price increase and explore your options with you.[/font]

To be fair Pamela, it's blatantly obvious that the price increase is directly related to eir sport. I appreciate that Eir are saying otherwise, but let's be real here. I will be calling that number and unless that offer is the exact same price, I'll be going elsewhere. So will many others for that matter.

KuArDhN.png

To be fair Pamela, it's blatantly obvious that the price increase is directly related to eir sport. I appreciate that Eir are saying otherwise, but let's be real here. I will be calling that number and unless that offer is the exact same price, I'll be going elsewhere. So will many others for that matter.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Liamario [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]and we do appreciate your feedback on this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I will relay this to the relevant department.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alfaromeo84

I call liar, my parents got a letter from Eir this week, telling them their package was going up €5 as Eir Sports for broadband was being added to their service. I was listening to the conversation with the Eir rep when she rang the last night and that person confirmed it was a price increase for this new wonderous addition.

I'm lucky in that my own contract is up in August, because if this is being added, I don't want it. 

Rip off "Eir"land again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just got the same wonderful letter myself! Funny thing is we don't have our tv service with Eir so how are we even supposed to view this wonderful new sports channel?! 2nd price increase since the start of the year, decline in the speed of our efibre, less than helpful technical support ("do a reset" "switch it off and back on again"). Time to make some phone calls!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

I got this letter myself today,I do not want eirsport ,no way.If you add this to my package(is it even legal?) I'm gone.I will be blocking direct debit till I hear from someone on here to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

So I rang Eir and got a different story! The rep said the price increase is nothing to do with the sports channel and it's actually for infrastructure upgrades!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    So I rang Eir and got a different story! The rep said the price increase is nothing to do with the sports channel and it's actually for infrastructure upgrades!

Suuurrreee it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Took the words out of my mouth  Liamario. Another €7 for crap we don't need and don't want without asking any sort of permission what so ever. I love it how they can change the contract whenever they feel like it , but if the customer makes any suggestion indicating a contract change you start getting "well your contract clearly states" ffs 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

Can anyone confirm if they have been able to cancel their contract within the 30 day opt out clause because of this price increase?

I am six months into a bundle contract and extremely unhappy about this. Regardless to whether the price increase relates to eir sports or extra services such as uk calls it is a change in terms to our original contract and we all should be able to cancel. 

Will be contacting eir

lostdesign wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if they have been able to cancel their contract within the 30 day opt out clause because of this price increase?

I am six months into a bundle contract and extremely unhappy about this. Regardless to whether the price increase relates to eir sports or extra services such as uk calls it is a change in terms to our original contract and we all should be able to cancel. 

Will be contacting eir

Your existing contract will not change. This affects those who are not in a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Are the extra sports channels equivalent to Setanta Ireland or the full Setanta Sports pack e.g. three or four channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Are the extra sports channels equivalent to Setanta Ireland or the full Setanta Sports pack e.g. three or four channels?
    BT sports 1/2 and Europe. Also the 2 old setanta ones, there is another I can't remember which. In fairness it's a good deal if you watch sports. 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Gmol wrote: »
    BT sports 1/2 and Europe. Also the 2 old setanta ones, there is another I can't remember which. In fairness it's a good deal if you watch sports. 

Sounds good to me. You'll get half the premier league matches next season....provided of course that Setanta will still have that deal under eir....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

To any eir Reps.

We are on an eir Play 18 month contract from 10/15

We also received this letter, stating that our bill would increase by €8 per month.

We do not want a new sports package (we don't even watch the current one, no sports fans in our household)

Can you confirm that this price increase applies to us? as we are still within our original contract with eir.

Also, can you confirm that we can give notice to leave eir within 30 days of receiving the letter without incurring any penalty.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mick806

I got one of those letters as well. Mine is for an extra €8. So I rang up today. I was told by the rep (have names) it was for eir-sport so I told him I didn't want it, so he transferred me to another rep. This girl told me it was not for eir-sport it is for U.K calls to be added to my bundle. I declined the offer as I never make UK calls. But was informed it was not an offer. Anyway after a lot of toing and frowing and getting nowhere. the bottom line is if I dont want it I can opt out of my contract without penalty. I really dont want to do this as I am happy with my present bundle. 
    I have never come across this kind of bullyboy  behaviour before. ( You buy and pay for this UK call package from us weather you want it or not!).
    Can you just imagine not being aloud out of a supermarket unless you buy another €8 worth of products that you dont want, or leave back your trolley full of groceries and find somewhere else to shop.
    Anybody any suggestions what to do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Mick806 wrote: »
    I got one of those letters as well. Mine is for an extra €8. So I rang up today. I was told by the rep (have names) it was for eir-sport so I told him I didn't want it, so he transferred me to another rep. This girl told me it was not for eir-sport it is for U.K calls to be added to my bundle. I declined the offer as I never make UK calls. But was informed it was not an offer. Anyway after a lot of toing and frowing and getting nowhere. the bottom line is if I dont want it I can opt out of my contract without penalty. I really dont want to do this as I am happy with my present bundle. 
    I have never come across this kind of bullyboy  behaviour before. ( You buy and pay for this UK call package from us weather you want it or not!).
    Can you just imagine not being aloud out of a supermarket unless you buy another €8 worth of products that you dont want, or leave back your trolley full of groceries and find somewhere else to shop.
    It says in the letter that you can cancel your contract within 30 days of the letter sent to you. So cancel and move if you're unhappy

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Are there any eir reps even on here to answer all these queries????
    Typical eir customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

With these changes, eir is changing the ts and cs of the contract and you can thus withdraw from your existing contract without penalty for 30 days from the date of the letter you received.
    Cancellation is taken over the phone - the number advertised 1800 307183 is the loyalty department, whose job it is to convince you to stay, so be prepared. They give you 30 days to sort out a new provider. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 pela222

Hi,
    what if I have all my broadband, land line and 2 mobile numbers bundled with them? Can I withdraw from existing contract? Or do I withdraw only from broadband and landline? My eir mobile plan is for existing customer only? Can I stay on it after having my broadband and phone cancelled?

To any eir Reps.

We are on an eir Play 18 month contract from 10/15

We also received this letter, stating that our bill would increase by €8 per month.

We do not want a new sports package (we don't even watch the current one, no sports fans in our household)

Can you confirm that this price increase applies to us? as we are still within our original contract with eir.

Also, can you confirm that we can give notice to leave eir within 30 days of receiving the letter without incurring any penalty.

Thank you.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Neil_Sedaka,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand this and we do appreciate your feedback however if you have received the price increase letter this price increase applies to your account. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes that's correct, should you choose to cancel you will need to advise the cancellations team within 30 days of the date on the letter you received.[/font]

Triboro wrote: »
    Are there any eir reps even on here to answer all these queries????
    Typical eir customer service!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Triboro[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif],[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Is there anything I can assist you with?[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mfeeney

Mick806 wrote: »
    Thats the same letter I got.

I was perfectly happy with my current contract which was anytime irish landline and mobile and fibre. They can give me anytime irish landline, anytime eir mobile, 1 hour other irish mobile, and fibre, for a 1 euro increase but I have to call back first week in August otherwise I lose a 10 euro discount I have until Feb on my current contract.

The way they have tried to force this on people is ridiculous. There's no clarity explaining where the 8 Euro increase comes from, as the letter states that call changes won't increase, therefore the logical conclusion is that its the sports package, and if its the sport package why do our existing bundles have to change at all if we just opt out of that add on.

Have some of the other operators infiltrated Eir and sabotaged them from inside cos this is a great way to get people to switch !

pela222 wrote: »
    Hi,
    what if I have all my broadband, land line and 2 mobile numbers bundled with them? Can I withdraw from existing contract? Or do I withdraw only from broadband and landline? My eir mobile plan is for existing customer only? Can I stay on it after having my broadband and phone cancelled?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]pela222,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can withdraw from the landline and broadband part of the contract but not the mobile I'm afraid. The cancellations team will be more than happy to advise you of you and explore your options on 1800307183.[/font]

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Just got the same wonderful letter myself! Funny thing is we don't have our tv service with Eir so how are we even supposed to view this wonderful new sports channel?! 2nd price increase since the start of the year, decline in the speed of our efibre, less than helpful technical support ("do a reset" "switch it off and back on again"). Time to make some phone calls!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sunny Dayz,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can view eir Sports here http://live.eirsport.ie/ and also on the eir Sport app if you are an eir broadband customer.[/font]

Ally Dick wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Ally Dick,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Setanta Sports is now eir Sport.[/font] The new 6 channel eir Sport pack includes 2 eir Sport channels and 4 BT Sport channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

GavMan wrote: »
    It says in the letter that you can cancel your contract within 30 days of the letter sent to you. So cancel and move if you're unhappy

Exactly. Some people would moan over the slightest of things. I have Eir myself and am delighted with there service. I cant really recall there last price increase and I am with them the guts of 18 months now. 7 euro increase amounts to an extra 1.75 a week or 20 something cent a day. Hardly huge is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

@Eir: Pamela

If I now make moves to switch phone and broadband to another provider, can the new provider take over the line within the 30 days without any issue?

I called the number on the letter today and gave notice to cancel, but was told that if I cancel now, I will be without phone and internet.

Can you just clarify that I can act as if I was no longer in contract and allow the new provider to do the switch for me?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,176 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Gringo180 wrote: »
    GavMan wrote: »

Exactly. Some people would moan over the slightest of things. I have Eir myself and am delighted with there service. I cant really recall there last price increase and I am with them the guts of 18 months now. 7 euro increase amounts to an extra 1.75 a week or 20 something cent a day. Hardly huge is it.
    Not with Eir myself, but with a service already more expensive then it's competitors, its nearly putting itself to death isn't it?

Advertisement