Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sport (contract change)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Not with Eir myself, but with a service already more expensive then it's competitors, its nearly putting itself to death isn't it?

Im only paying 45 a month until October then it goes up to 60 a month. Have the tv package and broadband. Upc and Sky are dearer are they not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

@Eir: Pamela

If I now make moves to switch phone and broadband to another provider, can the new provider take over the line within the 30 days without any issue?

I called the number on the letter today and gave notice to cancel, but was told that if I cancel now, I will be without phone and internet.

Can you just clarify that I can act as if I was no longer in contract and allow the new provider to do the switch for me?

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Neil_Sedaka,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Once there is a call logged you will not be charged any penalties for moving your service. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Once you have moved your service to another provider please feel free to PM me and I will ensure these charges are removed.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks Pamela, I appreciate that.

Thanks Pamela, I appreciate that.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Neil_Sedaka,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please don't hesitate to let me know should you need any further assistance. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DrBass

Hi Pamela,

I have 4 months left on my Eir contract. Can you confirm that with this contract change to 'Eir Complete' I will not be rolled over to another 18month contact once my current contract expires? 

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Triboro[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif],[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Is there anything I can assist you with?[/font]

There was four days ago(read back the thread).Not to worry now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Gringo180 wrote: »
    GavMan wrote: »
    It says in the letter that you can cancel your contract within 30 days of the letter sent to you. So cancel and move if you're unhappy

Exactly. Some people would moan over the slightest of things. I have Eir myself and am delighted with there service. I cant really recall there last price increase and I am with them the guts of 18 months now. 7 euro increase amounts to an extra 1.75 a week or 20 something cent a day. Hardly huge is it.
    Fanboys like you are the reason companies like this keep getting away with doing business this way. The problem was we signed into a contract that was not to be changed. We could not change it without consequences. They however can change whenever they feel like it without so much as a reason. Lots of us don't have an option but to stay using their  service. Try putting up with this sort of crap for 20 odd years before judging others as to some of us you are still a newcomer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ardrageen

Does anyone know if this increase is for all customers of Eir. The reason I ask is because I have not received any letter about price increases in the post even though my neighbours have received this letter. 

I'm with Eir for broadband and Landland. Maybe there are so ashamed of my "broadband" speeds( top download speed of 0.7Mbps!) that they don't have the neck to ask me for an increase.:)

I fear that the letter has got lost in the post and I will be getting the increase like everyone else.

DrBass wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

I have 4 months left on my Eir contract. Can you confirm that with this contract change to 'Eir Complete' I will not be rolled over to another 18month contact once my current contract expires? 

Many thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]DrBass,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can confirm this change will not affect your current contract duration.[/font]

Triboro wrote: »
    I got this letter myself today,I do not want eirsport ,no way.If you add this to my package(is it even legal?) I'm gone.I will be blocking direct debit till I hear from someone on here to clarify.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Triboro,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, I can assure you we are fully compliant with industry regulations approved by COMREG. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are unhappy to continue with your service our loyalty team can arrange cancellation for you within 30 days of the date listed on the letter at 1800307183.[/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Triboro[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif],[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Is there anything I can assist you with?[/font]

There was four days ago(read back the thread).Not to worry now though.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Triboro, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have replied.[/font]

Ardrageen wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this increase is for all customers of Eir. The reason I ask is because I have not received any letter about price increases in the post even though my neighbours have received this letter. 

I'm with Eir for broadband and Landland. Maybe there are so ashamed of my "broadband" speeds( top download speed of 0.7Mbps!) that they don't have the neck to ask me for an increase.:)

I fear that the letter has got lost in the post and I will be getting the increase like everyone else.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Ardrageen,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. Not all customers are affected by the price increase and you should receive 30 days written notice to advise of this change. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are concerned the letter has been lost in the post our loyalty team can check if you are affected, you can contact them on 1800307183.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pela222

Hi,

If I exercise my right to withdrawn from my existing contract is there any period I am "banned" to join back eir services?

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Just got the same wonderful letter myself! Funny thing is we don't have our tv service with Eir so how are we even supposed to view this wonderful new sports channel?! 2nd price increase since the start of the year, decline in the speed of our efibre, less than helpful technical support ("do a reset" "switch it off and back on again"). Time to make some phone calls!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Sunny Dayz[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can watch eir sport here http://live.eirsport.ie/[/font]

pela222 wrote: »
    Hi,

If I exercise my right to withdrawn from my existing contract is there any period I am "banned" to join back eir services?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]pela222,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]As long as all outstanding balances on your account are cleared there should be no issues availing of service from eir again in the future.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mfeeney

Spoke to Eir rep today (Jason).

Was informed as I'm on a relatively new contract I should never have received this letter/increase. Might be worth others asking this question as first time I spoke to them they didn't tell me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pela222

mfeeney wrote: »

Was informed as I'm on a relatively new contract I should never have received this letter/increase. Might be worth others asking this question as first time I spoke to them they didn't tell me that.
    You need to remember that they dont have a clue what they are talking. I spoke with them on Wednesday and asked to confirm what I will be paying after my promotion period. I got the price I expected (€112 p/m for bundle of broadband/phone/2xmobiles). Called again next day and for a craic asked again the same question. I was told it is €122 p/m. They customer support is terrible. Useless. Full stop.

pela222 wrote: »
    mfeeney wrote: »

You need to remember that they dont have a clue what they are talking. I spoke with them on Wednesday and asked to confirm what I will be paying after my promotion period. I got the price I expected (€112 p/m for bundle of broadband/phone/2xmobiles). Called again next day and for a craic asked again the same question. I was told it is €122 p/m. They customer support is terrible. Useless. Full stop.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]pela222,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I will relay your feedback to the relevant team.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please feel free to PM me if there is anything I can assist you with.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I got this letter myself today,I do not want eirsport ,no way.If you add this to my package(is it even legal?) I'm gone.I will be blocking direct debit till I hear from someone on here to clarify.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Triboro,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, I can assure you we are fully compliant with industry regulations approved by COMREG. [/font]

Ah yes, as long as you are just about doing what you are legally obliged to then who gives a damn about ethical behaviour? Everything else is fair game. Lovely...

Don't want eir sports
    Don't want the 30 extra minutes to mobiles.
    Didn't ask for it, don't want it, want to continue with the service I have right now.

Why wasn't I given the option to renew my existing contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

r3nu4l wrote:
    Don't want eir sports Don't want the 30 extra minutes to mobiles. Didn't ask for it, don't want it, want to continue with the service I have right now.

You could always move to Virgin Media as they have just announced they are dropping Eir Sports.
    I'd say Virgin will be glad to have you as it will help offset all the people they are losing to Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

First Up wrote: »
    Originally posted by r3nu4l
    Don't want eir sports Don't want the 30 extra minutes to mobiles. Didn't ask for it, don't want it, want to continue with the service I have right now.

You could always move to Virgin Media as they have just announced they are dropping Eir Sports.
    I'd say Virgin will be glad to have you as it will help offset all the people they are losing to Eir.
    Unfortunately, on checking Virgins website, they don't offer any service where I live...
    If I were in Dublin, I wouldn't even be bothered posting here, I'd have cancelled and changed provider today. 
    This is why Eir can act like such thugs, they have very little competition in many parts of the country.
    Fortunately, there are other providers who do cover my area but I need to do some more research to ensure they are the right providers for me.

Also, I don't have any need for TV service from anyone, I have freesat so pay no fees whatsoever for over 200 channels :) Paid for the dish and box and that was it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alina1403

Here is the same story, our contract finish in 10 months, question how can they increase the bills, i never asked for sport channels i don't watch sport, customers for about 10 years , instead reduce price for old customers they increasing bills, not fair, like new customers paying much less even for few months, think it is time to say goodby to eir

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mfeeney

alina1403 wrote: »
    Here is the same story, our contract finish in 10 months, question how can they increase the bills, i never asked for sport channels i don't watch sport, customers for about 10 years , instead reduce price for old customers they increasing bills, not fair, like new customers paying much less even for few months, think it is time to say goodby to eir
    When I rang to cancel, they told me they had sent that letter to me in error, and that because I was on a recent contract I was not impacted, so this may be the case for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Insincere

Got my letter in the post and was annoyed! How does a contractual agreement get altered because the 1 party feels like doing so? I  have no interest in the setanta sports bundle that constitutes the reason to revise my contract with eir!
    Eir should realise that they are selling themselves short by these immoral acts (Oh, I saw a fiver in your pocket so I took it- here's an ashtray for your motorbike in return)! How rude is that?
    The Eir representative I spoke to was accommodating enough, but I've just been roped into a fresh 18 month contract with a service provider that could keep changing it as we go along.
    I think Eir really should review their marketing strategy- at the moment they come across as a fraudulent organisation that bullies subscribers into situations that are NOT mutually beneficial!
    I guess it is our prerogative as the customer to change our service provider for an organisation that is more accountable.

Insincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Got a lovely email from Eir the other day. One of those standard "your bill is now due for payment" type. Please log in to view your bill. Eh I can't log in, I've left Eir. Such difficulty I had trying to get through to Eir my phone because I was no longer a customer. Turns out the bill for €55 was for the modem we didn't return.

So this is a heads up to all those who left Eir recently: they will send a courier around to your house, but only when you are not there and he won't know why he has called to your house himself. He won't return even when you ask him to. You will have to return the modem yourself, at least it's freepost but it's still not straight forward when you've thrown away the box.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Got a lovely email from Eir the other day. One of those standard "your bill is now due for payment" type. Please log in to view your bill. Eh I can't log in, I've left Eir. Such difficulty I had trying to get through to Eir my phone because I was no longer a customer. Turns out the bill for €55 was for the modem we didn't return.

So this is a heads up to all those who left Eir recently: they will send a courier around to your house, but only when you are not there and he won't know why he has called to your house himself. He won't return even when you ask him to. You will have to return the modem yourself, at least it's freepost but it's still not straight forward when you've thrown away the box.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sunny Dayz,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please feel free to PM me if there is anything I can assist you with.[/font]

Advertisement