Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling my Homephone but retaining my broadband

Options
  • 08-07-2016 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I was in contact with EIR yesterday and was told that I could cancel my "eircom talk off peak" subscription and retain my "broadband advanced" subscription at a fee of 27.86€ pm. When I went about cancelling my homephone today I've been told that i cant keep my current broadband package. 
    Which is it and why do two different departments give different "advice".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Johnnybe wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was in contact with EIR yesterday and was told that I could cancel my "eircom talk off peak" subscription and retain my "broadband advanced" subscription at a fee of 27.86€ pm. When I went about cancelling my homephone today I've been told that i cant keep my current broadband package. 
    Which is it and why do two different departments give different "advice".
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Johnnybe,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies for any confusion caused, I'm afraid we do not offer any standalone broadband packages, you would need to retain the line. You can view the different options available to you here https://www.eir.ie/broadband-only/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies for any confusion caused, I'm afraid we do not offer any standalone broadband packages, you would need to retain the line. You can view the different options available to you here https://www.eir.ie/broadband-only/[/font]

This must be a new eir change because I have a broadband only contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

pmce4 wrote: »

This must be a new eir change because I have a broadband only contract.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately this service is no longer available and a line would be required [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]pmce4,[/font]

Advertisement