Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Issue & **** Support

Options
  • 08-07-2016 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi

Can you please help as had the most frustrating couple of hours dealing with Eir support?
    I have had a rock solid efibre connection for years until this week.  My max attainable have been over 125/25 as living close to the cabinets.  This week all of a sudden no dial tone and Internet speeds dropped into the Nineties.

Logged a call Wednesday and today without any notice Internet went off.  Walked to the cabinets and met the engineer who said the service would be back in 20 mins.  Had to ring support as the Internet never came back.  After more messing about on the phone my internet is back at 30/8 and because the engineers don't book calls on Fri afternoon :mad:  it will Mon or Tue before an engineer will look at it again.  Then the guy on the support call said I might not get the same speeds as before.  This drove me nuts as all I want is the problem fixed and the engineers to put right what they messed up in the first place.

I really find to hard to believe that Eir can't even work the basics of repairs correctly.  I would wager that the second visit of the Engineer will be another quick fix and I will have to battle to get my speeds back to what they were before.  All Eir seem to care about is the up to speeds and not correctly fixing the issues.

All this in the week that I get a letter that you are going to charge me an extra €8 per month. The sooner that an alternative ISP is available the better as Eir have dropped to a new low in my expectations.

I would appreciate a call back from one of the Eir reps here and to help supervise the imbeciles who you have out fixing the issues and manning the phones.

Regards
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

jspuds wrote: »

Hi

Can you please help as had the most frustrating couple of hours dealing with Eir support?
    I have had a rock solid efibre connection for years until this week.  My max attainable have been over 125/25 as living close to the cabinets.  This week all of a sudden no dial tone and Internet speeds dropped into the Nineties.

Logged a call Wednesday and today without any notice Internet went off.  Walked to the cabinets and met the engineer who said the service would be back in 20 mins.  Had to ring support as the Internet never came back.  After more messing about on the phone my internet is back at 30/8 and because the engineers don't book calls on Fri afternoon :mad:  it will Mon or Tue before an engineer will look at it again.  Then the guy on the support call said I might not get the same speeds as before.  This drove me nuts as all I want is the problem fixed and the engineers to put right what they messed up in the first place.

I really find to hard to believe that Eir can't even work the basics of repairs correctly.  I would wager that the second visit of the Engineer will be another quick fix and I will have to battle to get my speeds back to what they were before.  All Eir seem to care about is the up to speeds and not correctly fixing the issues.

All this in the week that I get a letter that you are going to charge me an extra €8 per month. The sooner that an alternative ISP is available the better as Eir have dropped to a new low in my expectations.

I would appreciate a call back from one of the Eir reps here and to help supervise the imbeciles who you have out fixing the issues and manning the phones.

Regards
    J

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jspuds,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your efibre service.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and I will check the status of this fault.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hi

Regards
    J

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your efibre service.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and I will check the status of this fault.[/font]

Thanks Pam PM sent

Hi

Regards
    J

Thanks Pam PM sent
    Thanks  jspuds,
    I have replied. :)

-Pamela 

any update?

any update?
    Hi  jspuds,

I have sent you a PM :)

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

As I feared this would go, 3 different engineers out so far and all can't fix the fault with my line and speeds have dropped to 30/10.  I have been told loads of different reasons so far from a faulty card in the cab to a high voltage fault on the line but still left with speeds all over the place.  
    They are trying to get me to accept that's all my line can achieve but can't explain how I was getting 100/20 for years up to when I logged the issue last week, what a useless shower of ****.

The engineers either can't be bothered or don't have the skills to fix the issue.  I won't accept this sub standard speed and will keep logging the issue until it is resolved.

So ****ing annoyed with the amount of effort I have had to put into this just to get them to do their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

Ha! Just listen to yourself man, you are getting 30Mb speeds for Christ sake!

RezwoK wrote: »
    Great help thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

RezwoK wrote: »
    Great help thanks
    No worries at all :)

-Ciara

Advertisement