Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbots Grove Knocklyon

Options
  • 08-07-2016 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭

Any one know anything about Abbots Grove?

Very little information available at present. Looks like an owners management company was setup this week and an add appeare don Sherry Fitz.

Registered interest the other day but heard nothing back yet.

Slightly confused as to how they are calling it Knocklyon as it is past Hunterswood and looks more like D24 than 16. Or at least thats what the map at present looks like. me thinks the are forcing it to up the price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Where they are showing on the map on myhome.ie is totally wrong IMO. That's Tim McGlynns farm, he hasn't sold it.

The sdcc planning says its adjacent to Ballycullen road and stocking avenue so I'd imagine it's between dalriada and columcilles well. Lot of building around there recently so no surprise. It is the D16 side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Where they are showing on the map on myhome.ie is totally wrong IMO. That's Tim McGlynns farm, he hasn't sold it.

The sdcc planning says its adjacent to Ballycullen road and stocking avenue so I'd imagine it's between dalriada and columcilles well. Lot of building around there recently so no surprise. It is the D16 side.

Ok I was confused by the map. If this the development off the round about on sticking lane? Past st colmcilles?

Ok I was confused by the map. If this the development off the round about on sticking lane? Past st colmcilles?

What do you mean by St Colmcilles? If you mean Colmkilles Mews, then yes. If you mean Columcilles Well, then it looks to me like it is just before that.

What do you mean by St Colmcilles? If you mean Colmkilles Mews, then yes. If you mean Columcilles Well, then it looks to me like it is just before that.

I meant St Colmcilles secondary school

Edit: I see it's being developed by the same crowd as Dalriada

Oh I see. It's not near the secondary school at all.

It's right next to Dalriada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 notkenny

Any guess on prices, I am thinking they might be over 400K.

Saw a different map showing this as much further along stocking lane - so not quite sure what site it is.

Saw a different map showing this as much further along stocking lane - so not quite sure what site it is.
    As you said in your earlier post This is right next to to Dalriada where 15b bus starts.

notkenny wrote: »
    As you said in your earlier post This is right next to to Dalriada where 15b bus starts.

Ah, ok, that seems to make the most sense alright. Nice part of the world, although I imagine there will be a lot of development work in that area over the next few years, so it could get very built up.

Any guess on prices, I am thinking they might be over 400K.

Hope not but we will wait and see. Hoping the 3 beds are closer to 350k but who knows.

Although if it is build in a similar built up fashion to Dalriada or Hunterswood I wont be too interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It will be a build similar to the latest properties at Dalriada. The land and the planning permission has been taken over by a company called "Winterbrook".

I would expect prices around the same as the latest ones at Dalriada - between 350 and 500k.

Full planning details here; http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=144&regref=SD13A/0005

It's not a bad little spot. I used to live in one of the duplexes overlooking this piece of land. Pretty far out in general, only a LIDL and a small Spar in walking distance; no decent restaurants or town centre. Bus service is good though.
    There's a primary school zoned to go in next door to this development to the east, though as yet no dates for one. It'll probably be at least ten years in real terms.

The farmland to the South is zoned for as parkland, though I wouldn't be surprised to see someone "convince" a planner to allow them to build on it. The land to the South-East (south of Stocking Wood) has planning permission for a housing estate.

Nice and picturesque, safe, relatively quiet. Definitely D16 - any children here will be in the catchment area for Knocklyon, though those boundaries might be redrawn with the two new schools being built closer by in Firhouse.

Although if it is build in a similar built up fashion to Dalriada or Hunterswood I wont be too interested.
    seamus wrote: »
    It will be a build similar to the latest properties at Dalriada. The land and the planning permission has been taken over by a company called "Winterbrook".

Hunterswood is so overbuilt. I viewed a property there a couple of weeks ago and the place is just LITTERED with cars, and back gardens the size of a postage stamp with no front gardens and parking for only one car.

Its very shortsighted, its MORE parking people need, not less.

Im not really interested in these 3 story new builds either, tall skinny houses, hard on the knees (ok ok Im showing my age!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Angel2016

Hope not but we will wait and see. Hoping the 3 beds are closer to 350k but who knows.

If 350K is your budget you should have a good choice around the D16 area and surrounding areas have you looked anywhere else or do you want to stick to this estate.
    Personally it looks to me to be D24 but it is on the D16 side.

My friends partner is building houses up in Knocklyn or has just finished and I think the prices are around 375K

Angel2016 wrote: »
    If 350K is your budget you should have a good choice around the D16 area and surrounding areas have you looked anywhere else or do you want to stick to this estate.
    Personally it looks to me to be D24 but it is on the D16 side.

My friends partner is building houses up in Knocklyn or has just finished and I think the prices are around 375K

We've been looking at a good few alright. At the moment we think we have our house picked but waiting on the next phase to be released. In the mean time we're keeping an eye out for alternatives in case A) anything even better comes along or B) the price jump between phases is too much and we cant afford it.

Almost put an offer on another property in D24 but it just fell short on one or two things for us.

Ideally we would like to be in Knocklyon proper, as in closer to Supervalue but we can't afford that at the moment. Going for a new build with an A rating is also a long term plus for us. We are not interested really in a "starter" home and plan on sticking with this home for at least 15-20 years kinda thing.

We've been looking at a good few alright. At the moment we think we have our house picked but waiting on the next phase to be released. In the mean time we're keeping an eye out for alternatives in case A) anything even better comes along or B) the price jump between phases is too much and we cant afford it.

Almost put an offer on another property in D24 but it just fell short on one or two things for us.

Ideally we would like to be in Knocklyon proper, as in closer to Supervalue but we can't afford that at the moment. Going for a new build with an A rating is also a long term plus for us. We are not interested really in a "starter" home and plan on sticking with this home for at least 15-20 years kinda thing.

You have a plan in place and that is good and the main thing.

Angel2016

which houses are you referring for 375, I couldn't find new any builds in Knockylon for 375.

Hunterswood is so overbuilt. I viewed a property there a couple of weeks ago and the place is just LITTERED with cars, and back gardens the size of a postage stamp with no front gardens and parking for only one car.
    Ignore Hunterswood and the older part of Dalriada when assessing these new properties.

The newer builds in Dalriada are far better specced and built than the original houses, so take a look at them before you write off this new build.

Small gardens are kind of par for the course at this stage with a new build. You don't get big front and rear gardens anymore - not within 15km of Dublin city anyway. If you want generous gardens, you want a house that's 15+ years old.
    @Angel2016

which houses are you referring for 375, I couldn't find new any builds in Knockylon for 375.
    The latest batch of houses at Dalriada are going for less than that and are being called Knocklyon. It's a bit of a stretch but they are D16.

Angel2016

I'll ask my friend who's partner is building up there she had said it to me would I be interested in one and I asked the price she told me and it was over my budget so I said no but I will message her and see what the name is.

seamus wrote: »
    Ignore Hunterswood and the older part of Dalriada when assessing these new properties.

I wouldnt go for a new property again tbh, plus I dont want management fees.

Im looking around the older parts of firhouse and rathfarnham now - but very little comes onstream.

I wouldnt go for a new property again tbh, plus I dont want management fees.

Im looking around the older parts of firhouse and rathfarnham now - but very little comes onstream.

I want an older house too and am not even looking at new developments I live in D24 and there is elder heath and ones further up but I dont like the look of them no character plus I am selling my apt so am just getting rid of a management company thank god plus I think you get better value with older houses.

• Advertisement

Angel2016 wrote: »
    I want an older house too and am not even looking at new developments I live in D24 and there is elder heath and ones further up but I dont like the look of them no character plus I am selling my apt so am just getting rid of a management company thank god plus I think you get better value with older houses.

It can be difficult to know how an area will develop when its brand new as well.

I grew up in Knocklyon/Firhouse so am familiar with most parts of both - cant afford most of Knocklyon now but unfortunately not a huge amount comes up on "old" Firhouse where the estates are quieter and well settled in.

I was looking at planning permission SD13A/0005 but did not find any duplex houses in it but they have listed duplexes on myhome and daft, but I see duplexes in different planning permission SD09A/0066 and this looks like older planning permission. I am confused now?

Yeah, I don't see them either.

This was originally Dalriada Phase 4 when Ellier owned the land. They effectively went bust, but perhaps the estate agent is selling it as "Abbots Grove, Dalriada", so the duplexes being referred to are in the Northern part of Dalriada.

There is a pile of documentation in that planning application that I haven't gone through - perhaps there are some orders or adjustments made that insert some duplexes into the plans.

Hi,

Did any one attended information evening on 26th July, I just found out about this only today morning. Any more info on prices or plans from information evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I sincerely hope SDCC have a traffic plan in place to deal with all the development up there but unfortunately I doubt it. Getting down the Ballycullen Rd onto Colmcille's Way can take upwards of 20 minutes some mornings as it is.

Any update on the prices for this development?

Any update on the prices for this development?

Expecting to hear any day now, got a call to say I'd be getting an email soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Some prices up on Sherry fitz now. 425k for the 4 beds and 369k for the 3 beds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I sincerely hope SDCC have a traffic plan in place to deal with all the development up there but unfortunately I doubt it. Getting down the Ballycullen Rd onto Colmcille's Way can take upwards of 20 minutes some mornings as it is.

This is a major problem I have with buying a house up around there. Traffic is just insane in the mornings and evenings. Not sure what they can do about it though, it is sheer volume causing it really

• Advertisement

Did any one bought in this development? Any feed back?

Advertisement