Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbots Grove Knocklyon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Another example of the developer paying somebody for a postcode i.e. Knocklyon. Wrong side of the m50 for me, can see them depreciate. Scholarstown wood is far better (but farcically priced)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 notkenny

Another example of the developer paying somebody for a postcode i.e. Knocklyon. Wrong side of the m50 for me, can see them depreciate. Scholarstown wood is far better (but farcically priced)
    I see your point but actually some of house type prices are increased by 10 to 15k from launch weekend. I think they sold lot of houses on launch weekend may be that's why they increased the the price after 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah I heard there were queues down the road to view them and traffic was chaos(A sign of things to come perhaps?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

notkenny wrote: »
    I see your point but actually some of house type prices are increased by 10 to 15k from launch weekend. I think they sold lot of houses on launch weekend may be that's why they increased the the price after 2 weeks.

wow, didn't hear that. I was coming from a longer term point if view. Perhaps indeed a sign of things to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Yeah I heard there were queues down the road to view them and traffic was chaos(A sign of things to come perhaps?)

Cant say I noticed that on any recent weekends?

• Advertisement

Cant say I noticed that on any recent weekends?

Fair enough, wasn't actually there myself, just what I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Went past 5 hours before launch on launch day and 10 people in a line waiting to buy. Went buy at 1:30 which was 30 minutes before launch and they had started letting people view traffic was grand but cars were parked the whole way to to the roundabout on both sides.

Viewed the houses and didn't like them, a lot of wasted space and very overcrowded like Dalriada. Bought elsewhere since

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

Put deposit down on a 3 bed end of terrace on Sunday. They say ready in January but I reckon will be waiting til probably March.

Was only a handful of units left when we were in. Two @ 369k, one @ 394k, and a few bigger ones @ 415 & 445k

Very happy with the purchase, looks to be a bit lower density then Dalriada or Hunterswood.

Nice to also get some rebate from government, everything else I looked at in D14/16/18, South Co. Dublin needed a lot of work in the 300-400k price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I sincerely hope SDCC have a traffic plan in place to deal with all the development up there but unfortunately I doubt it. Getting down the Ballycullen Rd onto Colmcille's Way can take upwards of 20 minutes some mornings as it is.

If you leave for work before 7:25am the traffic is OK (mostly), otherwise it is an unmitigated disaster. Even the buses are suffering. It can be quite a pain in the hole in the evenings too.

I was once told that years ago that part of the plan (this was around 2003) was that the roundabout at the top of Stocking Avenue was supposed to have a "on" only slip to the M50. I don't know how true that is, but only something like that will stop the mayhem that is the traffic in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭REFLINE1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

If you leave for work before 7:25am the traffic is OK (mostly), otherwise it is an unmitigated disaster. Even the buses are suffering. It can be quite a pain in the hole in the evenings too.

Even for he busses, the delay getting in through the roundabouts can take up to 15 minutes in the mornings. Other than that it is a good area but I do not like the feel of hunters wood and dalriada and parking can be a pain also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I was once told that years ago that part of the plan (this was around 2003) was that the roundabout at the top of Stocking Avenue was supposed to have a "on" only slip to the M50. I don't know how true that is, but only something like that will stop the mayhem that is the traffic in the mornings.

That can only be a rumour, the NRA, TFI and all the other institutions in charge of the M50 would never allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Even for he busses, the delay getting in through the roundabouts can take up to 15 minutes in the mornings. Other than that it is a good area but I do not like the feel of hunters wood and dalriada and parking can be a pain also.

Given the massive influx of housing being thrown up I personally feel that all junctions along the Ballycullen road need to be redesigned. The Woodstown roundabout is a complete bottleneck. I've written to the council and raised concerns but as usual, housing thrown up with no regard for infrastructure.

I don't really see this as a major issue to be honest, its going to be like that at any M50 junction. If I leave Dundrum at the wrong time it can take me over 25mins to get up to the M50 roundabout due to traffic on the link road up.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RaulDublin

Hi.
    Has anyone recently bought or viewed Abbots grove. I was looking for a 4 bhk but was a few months late :) and they seem to be all gone . Hardly any info from sherry fitz on the upcoming plans ( called them) although i do see a few 4 beds (foyle 4 bh semi detached ) in the site plan they have shared on their brochure.
    My buget is around 450k . Has anyone found better new homes in this range ??

Thanks a ton . Raul

RaulDublin wrote: »
    Hi.
    Has anyone recently bought or viewed Abbots grove. I was looking for a 4 bhk but was a few months late :) and they seem to be all gone . Hardly any info from sherry fitz on the upcoming plans ( called them) although i do see a few 4 beds (foyle 4 bh semi detached ) in the site plan they have shared on their brochure.
    My buget is around 450k . Has anyone found better new homes in this range ??

Thanks a ton . Raul

Go a couple of hundred meters down the road to Dodderbrook. There is a 140+sq meter 4 bed for 420,000. 2 left as far as I know. Much nicer in my opinion than Abbots Grove

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/oldcourt-road-ballycullen-dublin-24/3417896?RegionId=1462&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&MinBeds=&MaxBeds=&MinSize=&MaxSize=&MinEnergyRating=&Query=&PreSixtyThree=false&Page=&view=list

Hi, Did any one signed the contracts for these houses?

Hi NotKenny - I am in the process of signing for one of the Abbots Grove houses at the moment.

There is another phase which will probably be released as they finish Phase1 - this is expected to be completed by Feb/March or so I am told.

There isn't much between Abbots Grove and Dodderbrook, gardens are a bit bigger in Dodderbrook but I preferred the houses in Abbots Grove so went for one of those instead.

There is also the postcode argument D16 over D24, school catchment area etc but there is an educate together going in beside Abbot's Grove and there is a zoned shopping centre up in Stocking Wood (might be a few years though)

Are they running behind schedule on getting the first phase complete? Might explain why there has been very little info on the 2nd phase released.
    Anyone know if the 4 bed houses went for 425k in the end and how many of them were there?

There are only 3 of 4  bed houses  in first phase, they were all sold out and I think they went for 425.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

Hi, I'm very interested in the houses here. However we won't have mortgage approval until about May/June.
    Will there be a whole new batch of houses going up for sale here again?
    Thanks.

emmacxxx wrote: »
    Hi, I'm very interested in the houses here. However we won't have mortgage approval until about May/June.
    Will there be a whole new batch of houses going up for sale here again?
    Thanks.

I heard they are launching 3rd phase in March and I have also heard end of Jan so don't know which is true? Also its unclear whether that is last phase or more to come? Best to just register your interest and go up and ask questions when they launch the next phase

As far as I know they will be launching this month or early Feb. They will be lunching 40 houses in next phase and this will be the last one.  You can see the site map here 
    http://www.abbotsgrove.ie/site-map.html. They released 48 houses in first phase and they were all sold out except show houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jake Stiles

15B terminus is moving down to Oldcourt so it will be good not the have a busy terminus outside your front window view.

I heard they are launching 3rd phase in March and I have also heard end of Jan so don't know which is true? Also its unclear whether that is last phase or more to come? Best to just register your interest and go up and ask questions when they launch the next phase

Got an email today houses launching Saturday 28th between 12-2 and Sunday 29th 12-2

€410,000 for 3 bed semi
    €455,000-475,000 4 bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

Got an email today houses launching Saturday 28th between 12-2 and Sunday 29th 12-2

€410,000 for 3 bed semi
    €455,000-475,000 4 bed

Price hikes are madness, up about €40k from the previous phase which was only a few months back - just trying to take advantage of the new grant scheme, definitely not interested anymore!

emmacxxx wrote: »
    Price hikes are madness, up about €40k from the previous phase which was only a few months back - just trying to take advantage of the new grant scheme, definitely not interested anymore!

I wouldn't say that. Dodderbrook jumped 325 - 360 between phase 1 and 2 its only a couple of hundred meters away and that had nothing to do with the new scheme as it hadn't been announced at that stage.

Don't go blaming the scheme for it it was going up by that anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

No doubt they will sell all of the new phase with the increases. Wouldn't be mad on Abbots Grove anyway, seems very bunched together.

Yes they will most definitely sell them all very quickly I'd say. House price increases in subsequent phases is nothing new but maybe they wouldn't have increased so much if it werent for the HTB scheme? The developers Winterbrook actually built most of the estates nearby as well and it's interesting to note how their style has changed over the last 15 years. They started with Woodstown which were more traditional 3/4 bed semi-d but then as they went on to build Hunterswood and Dalriada they went much more high density. It seems with Abbotsgrove they are somewhat less dense. I think the days of new builds with 3/4 bed, 2 story and a driveway in suburban Dublin are coming to an end. Although Dodderbrook up the road is bucking the trend a little bit.

• Advertisement

I think 3 beds end of terraced houses were 394 in first phase and now 410 so it's increase of  16 thousands but not 40.  Only 3 bed terraced houses were 369 in first phase.

Advertisement