Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbots Grove Knocklyon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

3 bed bandon houses (semid / end of terrace) in phase 1 were 384k then in phase 2 were 394k.

been told phase 2 completion date is aimed for end of April now rather than end of Feb which were were told when purchasing in phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Did anyone go up on Sat/Sun? Was there queues to buy? We were thinking of going for a 4 bed but decided not to in the end. Out of interest rang sherry fitz today to see if they are all gone but no answer so just left a message.

Was up there on Sunday taking measurements, was quite busy but looked like they had some stock left.. 4 beds were €455k I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭emmacxxx

Does anyone know if there's going to be another phase or if this was the last one?

emmacxxx wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's going to be another phase or if this was the last one?

The showhouse was open on Sat and Sun at the weekend. There is another phase to come in a couple of months. As per the pic below thats what's left. They said they might even split what's left there into 2 or 3 phases. As you can see a lot of them are 4 beds. I got the impression it has been purposely planned this way so that they can gauge the interest and then price the 4 beds at max they think people will pay. I don't think they'll go above 500k though as they lose the big draw of the HTB scheme for first time buyers then. I guess not everyone is a FTB though so you never know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 lsflsf

Just heard that move in date is going to be May now, not April as hoped.

The "completion date" end of April usually = early May + time to snag = most likely mid to late May move in date.

According to SherryFitz snagging on first 4/5 houses (ones around corner from show house) was completed in under a week, but I am not holding my breathe :|

Was actually told this morning that it would be late May which means our mortgage approval is expired. Very frustrating, looks like we'll have to do a full application again. The thoughts of it! And our current lease expires mid May so will have to hope landlord takes pity on us and lets us have an extra week or so.

No point in stressing about it, just very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Have a deposit on one of these properties at the moment.

Went to Dublin sorting office and to Council and both said that address is not Knocklyon and it's Ballycullen?

Property is being advertised as Knocklyon. What's people's opinion or has anyone done any digging on this?

The Ballycullen Road is the dividing line between Dublin 16 and Dublin 24, not that it makes a huge amount of difference in reality (besides prices). This is how they can call it Knocklyon, instead of Firhouse or Ballycullen.

Have a look at the Eircode site, Hunterswood is in Dublin 24, Dalriada is in Dublin 16.

The first 6 houses are already on the Eircode website https://finder.eircode.ie for example D16 XE86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Googled

I noticed the 3 bed Bandon has steadily risen from 384 in the first phase up to 410 in the latest release. Thinking the 3 bed Bandons in the next phase with south facing gardens will go for 425-430. Crazy! Was interested initially but the price rises have really left a bad taste. No doubt they will still sell out quickly.

The Ballycullen Road is the dividing line between Dublin 16 and Dublin 24, not that it makes a huge amount of difference in reality (besides prices). This is how they can call it Knocklyon, instead of Firhouse or Ballycullen.

Have a look at the Eircode site, Hunterswood is in Dublin 24, Dalriada is in Dublin 16.

The first 6 houses are already on the Eircode website https://finder.eircode.ie for example D16 XE86

I understand it's Dublin 16 but the query I have is that if the sorting office and council are calling it ballycullen then how can they advertise it as Knocklyon?

Its part of the Ballycullen Oldcourt development plan see link here

http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/publications/draft-ballycullen-oldcourt-lap-for-web_0.pdf

Not sure how they can't define it as Knocklyon, I mean if Woodstown / Castlefield is in Knocklyon, unless there is a boundary line that stops Dalriada and Abbots Grove or Stocking Wood from being in Knocklyon?

Have you asked Sherry Fitz for a position on this?

Its part of the Ballycullen Oldcourt development plan see link here

http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/publications/draft-ballycullen-oldcourt-lap-for-web_0.pdf

Not sure how they can't define it as Knocklyon, I mean if Woodstown / Castlefield is in Knocklyon, unless there is a boundary line that stops Dalriada and Abbots Grove or Stocking Wood from being in Knocklyon?

Have you asked Sherry Fitz for a position on this?

No haven't asked them yet. Will be getting in touch with them tomorrow. Thanks for your help

Just spoke to a friend of mine who is a postman in the area. He said it's Dublin 16 as far as he knows. And I believe St Colmcille's are accepting children with addresses in Abbots Grove as being from Knocklyon - as far as I remember it said that in the brochure.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I understand it's Dublin 16 but the query I have is that if the sorting office and council are calling it ballycullen then how can they advertise it as Knocklyon?
    Because who is going to stop them?
    There are no real borders in existence, just those established through common usage.

I have checked this with Edmondstown sorting office. It is in Dublin 16 without a doubt, and they deliver Woodstown, Dalriada, Stocking Wood, but they don't deliver to Hunterswood.

If you put down X Abbot's Grove, Ballycullen, Dublin 16 or X Abbot's Grove, Knocklyon, Dublin 16 or X Abbot's Grove, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16 you will still get your post. If you put down Ballycullen, Dublin 24 then it will route via Tallaght to Edmondstown and post will be a day late.

In Land Folio, it looks like the townland of Woodstown, on Google Maps it looks like Ballycullen, but if you look at an address in Google Maps it is X Abbot's Grove Avenue, Ballycullen, Knocklyon, Dublin 16.

Whole thing is open to interpretation I think. Personally, I don't mind if its Knocklyon, Ballycullen, Woodstown, Ballyboden, Rathfarnham...

Contracts of Sale reference Knocklyon, so legally they must have some basis to refer to it as Knocklyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I have checked this with Edmondstown sorting office. It is in Dublin 16 without a doubt, and they deliver Woodstown, Dalriada, Stocking Wood, but they don't deliver to Hunterswood.

If you put down X Abbot's Grove, Ballycullen, Dublin 16 or X Abbot's Grove, Knocklyon, Dublin 16 or X Abbot's Grove, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16 you will still get your post. If you put down Ballycullen, Dublin 24 then it will route via Tallaght to Edmondstown and post will be a day late.

In Land Folio, it looks like the townland of Woodstown, on Google Maps it looks like Ballycullen, but if you look at an address in Google Maps it is X Abbot's Grove Avenue, Ballycullen, Knocklyon, Dublin 16.

Whole thing is open to interpretation I think. Personally, I don't mind if its Knocklyon, Ballycullen, Woodstown, Ballyboden, Rathfarnham...

Contracts of Sale reference Knocklyon, so legally they must have some basis to refer to it as Knocklyon.

If its outside the M50 I don't know if I would consider it Knocklyon

If its outside the M50 I don't know if I would consider it Knocklyon

The M50 wasn't always there... Woodstown and Castlefield is in Knocklyon and they outside the M50

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

http://www.townlands.ie

Have fun. (And call anywhere you want anything you want, everyone else does anyway. Some people get very worked up about it).

• Advertisement

Back in Sep when the showhouses were on view there was a woman getting very irate with the estate agent (one of the younger guys who had no idea what she was on about) about the fact that it was Dublin 16. She had bought in Dodderbrook and thought that Abbots Grove should be D24 as well because it was outside the M50. Some other woman did tell her that the M50 was not always there and it wasn't the dividing line but she was still quite peeved about the whole thing.

Apart from all that, anyone any more news on when we'll actually get to live in our houses??

I would say in 15/20 years it'll be commonly known as Ballycullen including Woodstown. It's same with most new estates, if they can get away with it they take the name of closest desirable area. Just look at this article from 2006 which claims Hunterswood is in Knocklyon. Nowadays any ads for houses Hunterswood on myhome/daft all have Ballycullen as the area.

When estates were built around the bottom of Knocklyon Road in 70/80s road like Coolamber, Dargle Wood, Templeroan etc they would of had addresses like Templeogue and even Rathfarnham in some cases.

Abbot's Grove is definitely D16 though with Ballycullen Road being the border and that seems to be one of the major factors in price difference.

It's funny how it changes - when my folks bought in Knocklyon 20 years ago it was advertised as Templeogue (we still have the original brochure)!

Have heard from Sherry Fitz that the reason for the delay is getting the BCAR certs and they are definitely saying May now. Houses are actually ready in April but obviously no closing without the certs...

Googled wrote: »
    I noticed the 3 bed Bandon has steadily risen from 384 in the first phase up to 410 in the latest release. Thinking the 3 bed Bandons in the next phase with south facing gardens will go for 425-430. Crazy! Was interested initially but the price rises have really left a bad taste. No doubt they will still sell out quickly.
    We went to view these while there was still some left in the latest phase and was told the last batch to be released will be treated as the second half of the phase and so the prices should stay the same. This was the estate agent who told us so hopefully the prices will be the same..

We went to view these while there was still some left in the latest phase and was told the last batch to be released will be treated as the second half of the phase and so the prices should stay the same. This was the estate agent who told us so hopefully the prices will be the same..

We also viewed the latest release and were told by the agents to expect the Bandons to rise by at least 10-15k due to the demand and the south facing gardens.

Wish they would just be transparent with people instead of taking advantage of an overheating market.

Next phase is launching this weekend

There will be at least 11 new homes available at this launch which will include the below much sought after house types; along with the exciting introduction of The Shannon,
    a one-of-a-kind 4 bedroom home:

THE SLANEY
    Prices from €420,000
    3 Bed mid-terrace family home
    (approx. 104 sq m /1,122 sq ft)

THE DARGLE
    Prices from €435,000
    3 Bed semi-detached family homes
    (approx. 114 sq m /1,227 sq ft)

THE BANDON
    Prices from €435,000
    3 Bed end of terrace family home
    (approx. 111 sq m /1,195 sq ft)

THE SHANNON
    Prices from €470,000
    4 Bed end of terrace family home
    (approx. 134 sq m /1,442 sq ft)

THE NORE
    Prices from €470,000
    4 Bed semi-detached family homes
    (approx. 133 sq m /1,432 sq ft)

THE FOYLE
    Prices from €485,000
    4 Bed semi-detached family homes
    (approx. 140 sq m /1,507 sq ft)

Completion dates from autumn 2017

It's mad how originally 'The Slaney' was €369k and they've now jumped €51k - fair enough they may be south facing etc..but it's still a crazy jump in price in my opinion..

It's mad how originally 'The Slaney' was €369k and they've now jumped €51k - fair enough they may be south facing etc..but it's still a crazy jump in price in my opinion..

Pure greed and absolutely disgraceful.

The FTB scheme has been an overwhelming success for the property developers in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SunnyM11

These prices are not even for the south facing houses! Today the Agent confirmed the price of €435 is for 'The Bandon' end of terrace, North facing garden. I dread to think what the price increase will be for the South facing Bandon houses. The south facing Bandon houses are not being released in this latest phase.

€435 for a north facing garden, end of terrace house, with management fees attached to it, no walking distance to schools.. It's sickening to think of what is happening once again in Dublin. People buying overpriced properties, not worth the asking price at all. The management fees are a complete joke, charging people who are living in houses, not apartments!

People could buy a mansion with swimming pool in Australia at this price, just to put perspective on these asking prices. Really infuriating. The Government should have legislation to control such price hikes between phases.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

People should have a bit of sense and not buy them. I know I won't be, even though I'd love to own a house

Advertisement