Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbots Grove Knocklyon

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lsflsf

Was up at the showhouses on Sunday, it wasn't too busy at that stage but they had sold all but one of the remaining Bandon houses the previous day.

Re the traffic, the roundabout at Woodstown seems to be untouchable. The bus lanes are completely ignored in both directions on the Ballycullen Road during rush hour too. I've negotiated a slightly later start time at work - so far it's been great. I drop little one at creche in Hunterswood at 9, in work in Ballymount at 9.15. If I do creche drop off at 8 i don't get to work until 8.45 or even later. Am fortunate, that's not an option for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nolj

The two schools are Firhouse Educate together and Gaelscoil na Guise. They are in prefabs at the moment however the permanent schools are in progress beside firhouse community centre at the bottom of ballycullen road. expected to be ready sept 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gella

Hi,
    Is there anyone in this group who has already moved in in the first houses? Any feedback/tips about snagging, closing of contracts etc?
    We are waiting for our house to be finished, they are saying it is going to be end of May.

....... wrote: »

You can't miss it if you drive down the Ballycullen Road, it's a huge building.

• Advertisement

Gella wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is there anyone in this group who has already moved in in the first houses? Any feedback/tips about snagging, closing of contracts etc?
    We are waiting for our house to be finished, they are saying it is going to be end of May.

Good question Gella, we're end of May too. Would be great to hear how anyone in 5 to 22 got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

lsflsf wrote: »
    Was up at the showhouses on Sunday, it wasn't too busy at that stage but they had sold all but one of the remaining Bandon houses the previous day.

Re the traffic, the roundabout at Woodstown seems to be untouchable. The bus lanes are completely ignored in both directions on the Ballycullen Road during rush hour too. I've negotiated a slightly later start time at work - so far it's been great. I drop little one at creche in Hunterswood at 9, in work in Ballymount at 9.15. If I do creche drop off at 8 i don't get to work until 8.45 or even later. Am fortunate, that's not an option for everyone.

There was only one Bandon for sale in this release. They are holding back on the Bandon's up the back as they (according to estate agent) are more "desirable" south facing mountain view etc.. I asked would they be same price as what is for sale now and was told they will be more expensive in next phase!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HP44

Managed to put a deposit on one the latest releases over the weekend. The show houses seemed really good quality the floor plans very well thought out. Disappointed that they jumped about 4-5% since the last phase and that kitchen appliances aren't included.

There were only 11 houses available. I'd suspect another price bump for the final phase and they've really good south facing gardens.

We're being told October for completion. Has anyone who bought in the last phase have any insight in terms of how good the developers are delivering on time?

On another note, I've heard from good sources that the land directly behind Abbot's Grove, which is zoned for residential use, is likely to be a similar style development. i.e. Relatively low density for a new estate, and less like Hunterswood or Dalriada for example.

We put down deposit in early December, don't know whether it was phase 1 or 2. At that time they said house will be ready in early April, now it is estimated at end of May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Advertisement

....... wrote: »
    Yeah you can see on the SDCC planning that Ellier got planning for the whole shebang around there back in 2003. Doesnt tell you the type of development mind you.

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=144&regref=SD02A/0620

Much of that looks expired based on the current plan : http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/publications//ballycullen-oldcourt-lap-final-low-res.pdf

Page 6 is where you can see where the development will end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fifiefofum

Good question Gella, we're end of May too. Would be great to hear how anyone in 5 to 22 got on.

Hi, we bought at the initial launch date back in September. We were told our house would be ready December/January. We got the keys last week!! The house looked almost finished for a good few weeks with nothing extra being done. It wasn't until we started hassling them (because our mortgage approval was running out!) that they finished it. Snagging was very quick when it eventually happened as house was very well finished.

fifiefofum wrote: »
    Hi, we bought at the initial launch date back in September. We were told our house would be ready December/January. We got the keys last week!! The house looked almost finished for a good few weeks with nothing extra being done. It wasn't until we started hassling them (because our mortgage approval was running out!) that they finished it. Snagging was very quick when it eventually happened as house was very well finished.

Many congrats on getting your keys, am sure you're thrilled to be finally sorted.

Going through the motions of purchasing from the latest phase :)
    Did anyone find out anything about these few bits below?

- Guest parking? Doesn't seem to be included in the drawings that came with the contract.
    - Anyone know what's going in behind the development. I've heard that another lowish density estate is been planned.
    - Was there anything in the contract that you'd advise changing or getting our solicitor to query. Seems solid enough, but just in case.
    - Was your finish as per the spec that they list on the website here. All the extras at the bottom. http://www.abbotsgrove.ie/houses.html

Cheers,
    HP44.

Hi, has anyone else received a phone call that end of May deadline will be delayed?

Yes, from Sherry Fitz yesterday. But I'd spoken to Winterbrook that morning and they said we were on track for end May, shouldn't be a problem. I'd told them that our lease was up mid-June so really needed them to let me know if I had to extend and they said we would be fine.

Yes, from Sherry Fitz yesterday. But I'd spoken to Winterbrook that morning and they said we were on track for end May, shouldn't be a problem. I'd told them that our lease was up mid-June so really needed them to let me know if I had to extend and they said we would be fine.
    Thanks for info lsflsf, fingers crossed.

Gella, looks like that call from Sherry Fitz was right - we had expected to be called for snagging this week (yesterday or today in fact) but have now been told it will be next week, so that pushes out any hope of closing by end May. Getting a little bit too close to our rental lease running out but sure what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AG2017

For anyone that has moved in did you ask the developers to change anything? I have bought one of the 3 bed SD Dargles. THey come with a shower in the ensuite, but in the main bathroom on the 1st floor there is a bath with mixer and hose but no shower screen or attachement up high for the shower head which I think is really strange. A shower is usually standard in the main bathroom as well as the en suite.

For anyone that has moved in did you ask the developers to change anything? I have bought one of the 3 bed SD Dargles. THey come with a shower in the ensuite, but in the main bathroom on the 1st floor there is a bath with mixer and hose but no shower screen or attachement up high for the shower head which I think is really strange. A shower is usually standard in the main bathroom as well as the en suite.

• Advertisement

I asked the Sherry Fitz guys at the show houses one day would it be possible to have a screen and shower head fitted when finishing the bathroom and they pretty much told me that no changes were allowed by this Winterbrook developer but I could chance my arm at snagging stage again.

Hi AG2017,
    They don't allow any changes at all. We had asked them and got refused and from other people we have also heard that no changes were accepted.

Thanks Gella. Its really annoying not having a shower in the main bathroom, its something I will probably need to do pretty quickly after we move in.

There is a group on facebook called Abbots Grove, Knocklyon - New Residents, for those who have bought in Abbots Grove. You can join and find a lot of information there.

Gella wrote: »
    There is a group on facebook called Abbots Grove, Knocklyon - New Residents, for those who have bought in Abbots Grove. You can join and find a lot of information there.
    Oh great, thanks a mil!

Advertisement